BV & F knives ?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vlad

BV & F knives ?

Post by Vlad »

My Aunt's Husband passed away a few days back , and she called me over to help her clean up his possessions. She told me that l can take anything of his which l like , for myself.As l was cleaning out his closets , l found two really neat old knives : A schrade Stockman with carbon steel blades , and more importantly , a Picklock Stiletto Switchblade :D The Stiletto is 11 inches , has horn handles and a Bayonet blade with INOX and BV&F stamped on it. Can any of you fine gentlemen give me some information on BV&F knives ? Here is an odd thing about the stiletto ; it is Completely UNSHARPENED. I first thought that maybe the edge got dulled out after 50 + years of use , but then l looked at the blade edge using a magnifying glass. It appears to me that the knife left the factory , with NO cutting edge whatsoever. Not even an edge good enough to open a letter or thread. The knife however is extremely well made. Just like a Frank Beltrame .
Also , did BV&F make Flat Grind stilettos back in the day ?
Thanks in advance,
Vlad
sammy the blade

Re: BV & F knives ?

Post by sammy the blade »

Most stilettos aren't sharpened.
2024 candidate for president
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

it is a Beltrame knife , BV&F is ( BELTRAME VITTORIO & FIGLI ) , Frank Beltrames Fathers company , if im not mistaken Frank started working at his fathers factory in 1955
Vlad

Post by Vlad »

METALGOD wrote:it is a Beltrame knife , BV&F is ( BELTRAME VITTORIO & FIGLI ) , Frank Beltrames Fathers company , if im not mistaken Frank started working at his fathers factory in 1955
A Beltrame ? :O who could have guessed ? Did they also make flat grind Stiletto knives ?
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Vlad wrote:
METALGOD wrote:it is a Beltrame knife , BV&F is ( BELTRAME VITTORIO & FIGLI ) , Frank Beltrames Fathers company , if im not mistaken Frank started working at his fathers factory in 1955
A Beltrame ? :O who could have guessed ? Did they also make flat grind Stiletto knives ?
they probably did make flat grinds can you post a picture of knife
Vlad

Post by Vlad »

Sir , l am afraid l am new to these forums. How do l post a picture ?
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Check the frequently asked questions, it may tell you there how
2024 candidate for president
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Vlad wrote:Sir , l am afraid l am new to these forums. How do l post a picture ?
Here's one way Vlad... viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25034

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Vlad

Post by Vlad »

Thank you both so much :) If anyone of you have ever seen a BV&F stiletto with a flat grind blade let me know :) I made a bet with a guy who swears they don't exist :(
wicollector

Post by wicollector »

I sold a 9" transitional on SD not long ago with a flat grind blade . http://www.sharperdeals.net/index.php?m ... n-stiletto
Attachments
100_1679.jpg.png
100_1679.jpg.png (769.82 KiB) Viewed 3860 times
Vlad

Post by Vlad »

wicollector wrote:I sold a 9" transitional on SD not long ago with a flat grind blade . http://www.sharperdeals.net/index.php?m ... n-stiletto
Whoa ! I win my bet ! Was this a Picklock or swivel bolster ?
Vlad

Post by Vlad »

And was the edge sharp ?
wicollector

Post by wicollector »

Swivel bolster as for the edge not really pretty much flat unsharpened .