Online purchases

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
flippy

Online purchases

Post by flippy »

Hi! I'm pretty excited to find this forum. I picked up a handful of switchblades at pawnshops and flea markets, all second hand, back in the mid-90's, but kind of set the obsession aside until now.

For starters, I'm on the hunt to build a nice collection of Beltrame family pearlex stilettos, in various colors and blade profiles. Looking online, I've seen the place in Vegas, the Headquarters, the Direct place, and a few others.

I did order two 9" knives, both SKM, from an online shop, but they were pretty poorly put together and finished, so I sent them back.

Does anyone have any input, about where to order from next?
JulesVane

Re: Online purchases

Post by JulesVane »

Hi Flippy, and welcome! Assuming you're in the U.S., I'm pretty sure you'll find bladeplay.com to your liking for starters. Good luck!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Blade play is a good dealer but I think you'll find some nice stilettos on the auction sites. Good luck and welcome to the forum.
2024 candidate for president
flippy

Post by flippy »

Thanks guys! Here are a pair of my 90's survivors.
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

flippy wrote:For starters, I'm on the hunt to build a nice collection of Beltrame family pearlex stilettos, in various colors and blade profiles.

I did order two 9" knives, both SKM, from an online shop, but they were pretty poorly put together and finished, so I sent them back.

Does anyone have any input, about where to order from next?
aah, I too collect Pearlex stilettos by the Beltrames (in lieu of the funds needed for an abalone collection..) viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24563

SKM is owned by Armando Beltrame - if his knives have the stamp AB Italy, they should be top-notch stuff... the lower-end SKM-branded pieces are a bit lackluster in comparison. Bladeplay carries both, keep an eye out for the tang stamps.

A lot of good Frank Beltrame and Renzo Beltrame stuff end up on sharperdeals.net

good luck!
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Post by arthas »

Hello!
Luke_of_Mass wrote:SKM is owned by Armando Beltrame - if his knives have the stamp AB Italy, they should be top-notch stuff... the lower-end SKM-branded pieces are a bit lackluster in comparison. Bladeplay carries both, keep an eye out for the tang stamps.
I can't tell for sure, but the SKM-branded knives are probably the ones which were sold with the name "Low-Cost Stiletto" on the old (util 2015) SKM web site. With those items you take a chance: they may be good but they're usually of lower quality.

Michele.
lance

Post by lance »

Welcome flippy!! Cool knives man!!