Books on Switchblades?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Jeffinn

Books on Switchblades?

Post by Jeffinn »

What are the names of some good books on switchblades? I'm looking for a good reference book.(I looked on Amazon and only saw a few)
Thanks.
Jeff
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: Books on Switchblades?

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Antique American Switchblades (Erickson,) Switchblades of Italy (Zinser, Fuller, Punchard), The Latama Legend (Punchard, Cioffero, Halucha, Fuller) are the best for starters.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Jeffinn

Post by Jeffinn »

Thank you sir!
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Bill's list is right on. If you google switchbalde books, you will find these and more.

One book to AVOID is Ragnar Benson's Switchblade: The Ace of Blades. A truly horrible book by someone who had little knowledge of the subject. It is full of half truths and general BS. It was the first book published on the subject and that made it a classic in some peoples eyes. I understand it has been updated, but as the original was so flawed, anything short of a complete and total rewrite would be a waste of time.

Good luck and happy reading!
Jeffinn

Post by Jeffinn »

Thanks for the heads up!
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Here are a few more. http://www.switchbladeknife.info/switchblade-books.html

Look for the older ones at gun and/or knife shows or on knife auctions sites. Vinnie Federico's book was my initial guide to European switchblades.
Jeffinn

Post by Jeffinn »

Thanks Sunny!
john

Post by john »

Sunny wrote:Here are a few more. http://www.switchbladeknife.info/switchblade-books.html

Look for the older ones at gun and/or knife shows or on knife auctions sites. Vinnie Federico's book was my initial guide to European switchblades.
I can personally vouch for the all the books listed except for: George Schrade and His Accomplishments to the Knife Industry Book 1982. I don't own that book. This is my first time learning about this book. I'll have to see if I can add that one to my switchblade library. I bet it's awesome.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed