Walts' Classics - Here they Come (almost)

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
omega

Walts' Classics - Here they Come (almost)

Post by omega »

Because nosey collectors want to know:

[url][https://latama.net/pages/the-walts-clas ... 6ab607/url]

After multiple searchs of Latama.net and several huddled, dimly lit exchanges with other members, it appears that some of THE NEW AND LONGLY AWAITED Walts' Classic Latama knives are in Mr. Haluchua's gnarly hands, and possibly ready for shipment.

At least the 28cm dagger-grinds appear so. The 28cm bayos and all of the 23cm pieces seem likely to arrive later, based on prior correspondence with WH.

Prices are posted as $255 USD up, depending on scale selection. The 28cm Black Teflon Dagger in B/W Braz horn looks to be $298 USD.

Like several here, all of my Walts' money went to that AGA fellow as I was in need of a fix. Please excuse me while I return to carving my initials into church pews.
JulesVane

Re: Walts' Classics - Here they Come (almost)

Post by JulesVane »

LMAO! Yes Omega, my Walt's Piggy Bank was busted and contents sent to Austria. Good to hear that 11" and 9" Bayo grinds could still be coming though. At the risk of enduring a severe beating, followed by a tongue-lashing that would make the Devil himself blush from the "little lady" of the house (which can instantly turn into "little Reagan" from The Exorcist), I might be able to swing a 9"er....some day.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
omega

Post by omega »

[quote="JulesVane" ........At the risk of enduring a severe beating, followed by a tongue-lashing that would make the Devil himself blush from the "little lady" of the house (which can instantly turn into "little Reagan" from The Exorcist), I might be able to swing a 9"er....some day.[/quote]

Yep, I know her personally. My wife's head starts that spinning crap the instant she hears the words "New Knife." :mrgreen:
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

...Well Chris (Omega), I wasn't in the position to purchase the new dagger Walt's Classic I've (we've) been waiting so long for. But, for some reason, I'm not as disappointed I didn't get one as I would think I'd be. Not sure exactly what it was, but somehow just didn't "thrill" me enough. Hope all that waited so long got to grab one. Oh well. The half-grinds might turn up early next year! lol
*EDIT* 10/01...OK, I hit panic mode when I saw only 2 Brazilian Horn pieces left, so I grabbed one! Hopefully, the nearest men's shelter won't mind my knife collection 'cause it's coming with me!
Last edited by JulesVane on Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

DON'T YOU HAVE ENOUGH KNIVES.jpg
DON'T YOU HAVE ENOUGH KNIVES.jpg (46.02 KiB) Viewed 3578 times
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
omega

Post by omega »

JulesVane wrote:...Well Chris (Omega), I wasn't in the position to purchase the new dagger Walt's Classic I've (we've) been waiting so long for. But, for some reason, I'm not as disappointed I didn't get one as I would think I'd be. Not sure exactly what it was, but somehow just didn't "thrill" me enough. Hope all that waited so long got to grab one. Oh well. The half-grinds might turn up early next year! lol
Me either JV. I reached my $$$ budget limit prior to the arrival of these knives. Damn shame too, as I love the dagger grind pieces.

That said, I will be ready for the 23cm knives when they arrive. :D
mick17

Post by mick17 »

Hey question guys- I looked back at Walt's site after not checking since the initial release of daggers back in mid September. I see that more types of daggers were released after that.

Just to be certain, were these two types released this year after the initial release in mid-Sept.?

Magnificent Seven

https://latama.net/collections/walts-cl ... cent-seven

"Primo" cow horn

https://latama.net/search?q=primo+horn

Walt's site is bit tough to navigate/find things sometimes so that's why I'm asking. You can still view stuff sold years back and it gets confusing, at least for me.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Hi Pat...I know what you mean. Before I went on vacation, I had checked the site and most everything was sold out though I believe Walt had written that more were coming of certain ones. Then, while away, I checked again only to find out a whole bunch of different varieties had come and gone. After I arrived home, I then saw that he sold some 2013 and 2015 models. I JUST checked and there's 5 Blond Honey Horn Daggers and 1 Acrylic Tactical Dagger left for sale. Things sure move fast on the Latama site! I believe I read that the '13 & '15 models were fine-tuned by Bill with some nice bolster markings.

ljerr2

Post by ljerr2 »

I was lucky enough to snag a couple of the "Magnificent 7"! :)
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

ljerr2 wrote:I was lucky enough to snag a couple of the "Magnificent 7"! :)
Your Walt's collection must be growing at warp speed! Feel free to show 'em off to us anytime...we love pictures! I was able to snatch 1 Brazilian Horn and 1 Blond Honey Horn (which arrives tomorrow). One thing I'm confused about is that Walt called it the "new dagger" grind. But, looking at Walt's dagger grinds from the past, I see nothing "new". Did he mean just new to this run?

mick17

Post by mick17 »

Did you get this one? I love the steel liners:

https://latama.net/collections/walts-cl ... 5520072733
JulesVane wrote:
Your Walt's collection must be growing at warp speed! Feel free to show 'em off to us anytime...we love pictures! I was able to snatch 1 Brazilian Horn and 1 Blond Honey Horn (which arrives tomorrow). One thing I'm confused about is that Walt called it the "new dagger" grind. But, looking at Walt's dagger grinds from the past, I see nothing "new". Did he mean just new to this run?
Hey Chris I thought the same thing. I love that dagger grind though I'm glad they didn't change them.
ljerr2

Post by ljerr2 »

Hey JV - yes, my Walt's collection is growing fast! I wasn't even looking for these swivel bolsters, but they were calling my name when I saw them and I couldn't resist................

Still trying to add flatguards and keeping my eyes wide open for them. Those are the models I truly desire.

As far as pics, you bet. When I get those new additions, I'll try to post up some pics.

Mick - YES! That was one of them that I have headed my way! I love the way it looks and I am a sucker for the bayo blade, horn coloration on that one, and Latama stamp! It takes me back in time. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

:)
mick17

Post by mick17 »

ljerr2 wrote:Hey JV - yes, my Walt's collection is growing fast! I wasn't even looking for these swivel bolsters, but they were calling my name when I saw them and I couldn't resist................

Still trying to add flatguards and keeping my eyes wide open for them. Those are the models I truly desire.

As far as pics, you bet. When I get those new additions, I'll try to post up some pics.

Mick - YES! That was one of them that I have headed my way! I love the way it looks and I am a sucker for the bayo blade, horn coloration on that one, and Latama stamp! It takes me back in time. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

:)
You chose.........wisely.

Make sure to post those pics!