Armando Beltrame 9 inch ATS-34 Stiletto

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
TRYKER

Re: Armando Beltrame 9 inch ATS-34 Stiletto

Post by TRYKER »

YO.... LUKE, take a swing by PVK maybe the'll let ya check them out. PV stands for pioneer vally
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

TRYKER wrote:YO.... LUKE, take a swing by PVK maybe the'll let ya check them out. PV stands for pioneer vally
too bad they are located in Vegas :cry:

Then again, they also stock Exiled Cutlery, and you can kind of learn things about people by the type of company they keep :oops:

But... on the other hand... so does Campolin, apparently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiWe7CIj_zQ

On a somewhat unrelated note, I kept an eye out for an old guy riding a trike at the Marlboro knife show a couple weekends back, but I guess we missed each other :lol:

Maybe next time 8)
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

sorry that wasn't me. when did pvk move ???
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

TRYKER wrote:sorry that wasn't me. when did pvk move ???
I've tried searching this "pvk" as well, ever since Bernie mentioned they may still be selling Walt's 9" and 11"ers. But keep coming up with some "Vegas" website that does sell knives and also has terrible reviews about shady dealings. Is this the right "pvk"?

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
omega

Post by omega »

JulesVane wrote:
TRYKER wrote:sorry that wasn't me. when did pvk move ???
I've tried searching this "pvk" as well, ever since Bernie mentioned they may still be selling Walt's 9" and 11"ers. But keep coming up with some "Vegas" website that does sell knives and also has terrible reviews about shady dealings. Is this the right "pvk"?
PVK moved from back east to their present Las Vegas location several years ago. Yep..... it's the same outfit owned/operated by Josh Burbank, the operator of the old BladeAuction.com. PVK is thought to be a one-man show.

The negative reviews you found were indeed about the PVK whose name surfaces in this forum now and again. Josh Burbank is not so much a thief, but rather gets overwhelmed by his operation, gets behind and quits responding to customer service issues. He has a habit of getting lax in his responses to customers once he has their money - at least this was my experience the last time I dealt with him several years ago. I had to reverse his charge on my VISA card due to his failure to ship promptly and failure to respond to emails about the order. This was really too bad, as he has a decent web site and a good selection of goods.

I doubt PVK has much in the way of the new 2017 Walt's pieces at this time, although, PVK did have a bunch from a previous release which he is likely long out-of-stock on by now.
Vlad

Post by Vlad »

Okay , does Frank make his regular 11 inch picklock Stiletto switchblades anymore ? Sara Beltrame doesn't seem to be replying , and my Father's birthday is in a month :(
omega

Post by omega »

Vlad wrote:Okay , does Frank make his regular 11 inch picklock Stiletto switchblades anymore ? Sara Beltrame doesn't seem to be replying , and my Father's birthday is in a month :(
Yes, but they are not a day-to-day production item. He usually does them in runs, releasing them perhaps once a year or so. But even that is iffy. If you want something like that, you have to snag it right away when you see it offered for sale.

Considering the short time window you are working with, you may want to check out some of the AGA Campolin selections on 3knives.com. In the recent past, I have found Angelo to be much more responsive than Sara has been at times.

Edit: Just spotted one of Folgore's auctions on a 10" AGA L.E. Picklock:

http://www.bladeauction.net/listing/10- ... iletto/647
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Vlad wrote:Okay , does Frank make his regular 11 inch picklock Stiletto switchblades anymore ? Sara Beltrame doesn't seem to be replying , and my Father's birthday is in a month :(
AGA has their 70th anniversary 11" Picklocks for sale at pretty reasonable prices right now as well. Bernie (Folgore/METALGOD) had a few of these listed recently on BladeAuction as well as the 10" AGA Picklock that Omega mentioned.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Vlad

Post by Vlad »

I am a bit confused about something. The Frank Beltrame website lists that the picklocks are only made with a bayonet blade. But the Frank Beltrame US website lists that Frank makes the picklock models with Bayonet , plain and dagger blades ( just like his classic line ). Which is true ?
omega

Post by omega »

You need to email Sara for that info. It may be a special request/order item and may well take forever to get. Who knows!
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

IMHO just about everyone in Maniago would benefit from a revamping of their websites, doing away with old duplicate websites, responding to emails within a week at most, ect ... you'd think in an industry that relies on a handful of faithful (and aging) collectors, they'd get on that ... unless they all have day jobs they're juggling with this knife business...

Of course people arent lining up in numbers comparable to the nerds snatching up the newest spyderco or benchmade, but making it easier for the few people willing to cough up top dollar for antiquated spring steel to order said pieces couldn't hurt their business...
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Post by arthas »

Hello!
Luke_of_Mass wrote:IMHO just about everyone in Maniago would benefit from a revamping of their websites, doing away with old duplicate websites, responding to emails within a week at most, ect ... you'd think in an industry that relies on a handful of faithful (and aging) collectors, they'd get on that ... unless they all have day jobs they're juggling with this knife business...
I couldn't have phrased this any better. :-)

Michele.
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Michele:

I wanted one of those in the worst way. Today I want another knife built with a clip point made from 1095 Carbon Steel. It should take a nice patina and be useful The knife will be 11" long and have at least 4 1/2" of cutting edge. The blade will be .188" thick and .75" wide with a 17.062 degree flat grind blade. I'll get a great deal of use from it.

Sadly, a hand-made Fishtail Picklock that would fill my needs would wind up costing $1500.00.
Fishtail Picklock
georgyboy

Post by georgyboy »

try going to https://skm.to/ that should get you to skm,in the usa bladeplay seems to have ok prices
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Post by arthas »

I'm unsure whether skm.to still actively processes order. I would send them an e-mail beforehand to ask.