Buying a switchblade out of USA,

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
dewings94

Buying a switchblade out of USA,

Post by dewings94 »

Don, please take a minute to read the Forum Rules. This particular one applies to you and therefore I deleted your original message.

Do not discuss importations, customs, shipping companies, or ways to illegaly import knives in your nation.
Bfootchief

Re: Buying a switchblade out of USA,

Post by Bfootchief »

They used to sell side opening switchblades during the mid 1970's in market places that catered to tourists in Juarez Mexico. I believe I paid $6.00 USD for one. They were cheaply made but they worked. IIRC they had 4" blade that wasn't all that sharp and wasnt meant to be sharpened but they had a point too them and a simple guard to help protect fingers from slipping onto the blade. I believe these were mainly marketed to teen agers. I was 17 and with my parents when we went to Juarez in 1975. when A shopkeeper came after me as we passed his cubicle and he asked me if I wanted to buy a switchblade. I told my parents I was going to the bathroom then I slipped over to his sales cubicle and bought one being out of sight from my folks. I rejoined them after my secret purchase and found them freaking out because I was too vague about my hurried departure from them. They was afraid I got lost or kidnapped lol.
Bfootchief

Post by Bfootchief »

I saw out the front opening switchblades for sale in Tijuana in the early 1980's. I just looked and didnt buy. I dont know how much they were asking for them. They also had giant firecrackers for sale.
john

Post by john »

Great memories!
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

In this day and age I wouldn't want to be anywhere in Mexico! Afraid the good old days are over for us in Mexico.
2024 candidate for president
john

Post by john »

sammy the blade wrote:In this day and age I wouldn't want to be anywhere in Mexico! Afraid the good old days are over for us in Mexico.

Trump has certainly soured our relationship with Mexico. Sad so sad!
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

John I don't think Trump soured it, the fact they allowed everyone to cross into our country and have the most corrupt law enforcement in North America allowing drugs, murder and kidnapping to go unchecked soured it....
Oldreb

Post by Oldreb »

Tom19176 wrote:John I don't think Trump soured it, the fact they allowed everyone to cross into our country and have the most corrupt law enforcement in North America allowing drugs, murder and kidnapping to go unchecked soured it....
Tom19176, I could not agree with you more.
If what Trump speaks to seems sour it is only because too much Kool Aid has been served in this country for way to long.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

if trump soured it maybe the mexicans who are here illaglely will get pissed and go home !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Don't see that happing
2024 candidate for president