Frank B 11" Picklock/Flat Button

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: Frank B 11" Picklock/Flat Button

Post by natcherly »

john wrote:
JulesVane wrote:
picklocksrock wrote:Beautiful picklock!
Thanks! I can't say I see a whole bunch of Frank B stamped Flatguard/Flat Button Picklocks around, but maybe they're more common than I thought(?).
No D-Stamped liners.
They’re not too common.
I haven’t seen any flat button stilettos come from Frank B‘s workshop in over 10 years.
Does anyone else have any info on the flat buttons?
You might check with Walter Halucha.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I had wrote to Walt within the last 4-6 months inquiring about flatguards, picklocks & vintage Latamas that he may point me to and his reply was that he was always looking too. I never did ask about Frank B stamped pieces specifically though. Now, I've never attended a good knife show, but when Walt Halucha is present at one with his sales display, does he offer his current pieces for sale only, or vintage stuff? His vintage area on his site never seem to offer vintage Latamas or many vintage stiletto/switchblades at all.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Walt's main business is his new production knives and products.
He does try to have some vintage knives at the shows.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.