Blade won't close (Italian milano)

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Caelee2

Blade won't close (Italian milano)

Post by Caelee2 »

I pressed the button to open my blade but it wouldn't open automatically as it should. So I pulled it out myself. Now that it's open, I am unable to close it. I've looked inside of it and can't see anything wedged in there that would be causing it to do this. Can someone help me out? :|
sammy the blade

Re: Blade won't close (Italian milano)

Post by sammy the blade »

Milano's aren't made in Italy, throw it away and get another one.
2024 candidate for president
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Unfortunately, the saying "You get what you paid for" applies here. As Sammy stated, it's not worth fixing. For a few bucks more, look into a Renzo or Armando Beltrame stiletto for better quality pieces at a budget price (IMO). I don't want to steer you in the direction of $300 knives, but if you get into collecting, you'll slowly realize you've got hundreds of dollars worth of "cheap" stilettos filling up your display case when you really want better & better quality at higher prices. "Been there, done that". Welcome and good luck!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
john

Post by john »

Is the blade stuck open or it won't stay closed?
If this is your first stiletto and it's stuck open you'll need to swivel the top bolster on the button side. If that doesn't release the blade try lifting the lock tab. If it won't stay closed the sear pin in may be worn, bent or broken. The liner might be bent/bowed out and the sear pin can't hold the blade Or it could be something else.
Good luck,
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Geez John, I feel kinda' silly! I didn't even remotely take into account that it's possible he didn't know HOW to close the knife! I just jumped to the conclusion that it was a low budget piece and broken. Great point John!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

JulesVane wrote:Geez John, I feel kinda' silly! I didn't even remotely take into account that it's possible he didn't know HOW to close the knife! I just jumped to the conclusion that it was a low budget piece and broken. Great point John!
Well, he did say it was an Italian Milano.
2024 candidate for president
john

Post by john »

sammy the blade wrote:
JulesVane wrote:Geez John, I feel kinda' silly! I didn't even remotely take into account that it's possible he didn't know HOW to close the knife! I just jumped to the conclusion that it was a low budget piece and broken. Great point John!
Well, he did say it was an Italian Milano.
Hi Sammy and JulesVane,
I've shown my knives to friends. They'll fire it and then ask how do you close it.
They aren't made with the finest materials; they're guaranteed to break, but they are in demand. I've seen some older Milanos in not the best of shape sell for a pretty penny.
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Peteymcsweety

Post by Peteymcsweety »

Have you tryed a few drops of oil..?