Mini SKM knife repair?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Scotchman

Mini SKM knife repair?

Post by Scotchman »

I hope all is well with everyone. I purchased one of those SKM mini stilettos (2.5"?) with dark horn scales. It broke within a very short time I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in fixing it? I know it probably would not be worth it. Pretty much everything is there except the slide lock , liner/partial liner, and a couple 2 or 3 pins. Should I just write it up as a lost cause? Thanks. Scott
Scotchman

Re: Mini SKM knife repair?

Post by Scotchman »

If anyone interested in repair, how much?
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Scotchman wrote:If anyone interested in repair, how much?
Hi...Is this the keychain stiletto? If so, I would consider that a new one costs $14.99 and even gold plated for $24.99.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

Jules, it's a regular one, pre-assembled. I payed over $40 with shipping if I remember right. I should have sent it back, but, I didn't want to pay shipping and afraid I would get another knife that might break? Stupid I know.
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

I'll stick with full size auto's I guess . Frank B. Can't afford AGA .
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Scott...a 2.5" "regular" one? For, in excess of $40? That small, they are usually attached to a keychain. If I'm not mistaken, 4.5" is the smallest, production stiletto made. Naturally, I could be wrong. 'Ya got me stumped now...
http://www.bladeauction.net/listing/new ... iletto/407

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

Jules, I got it through BladePlay. Give me a moment. My memory is horrible due to an accident as a child. Bear with me. I will see if I can find the knife I bought.
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

Jules, It must be the 4.5". My bad. Like I said it/was pre-assembled, no key chain fixture. Basically a real small version of a regular size switch.
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

Jules, went back to BladePlay site. " SKM Italian Mini Stiletto Dark Horn Automatic Knife Satin Swedge $39.99.
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

$39.99"
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

See PMs Scott