Hypocrisy?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Genghis Khan

Hypocrisy?

Post by Genghis Khan »

So, I bought this knife at a store that had this sign out front. Is it hypocrisy?
This was in Provincetown, MA.
IMG_1176.JPG
IMG_1176.JPG (394.23 KiB) Viewed 1777 times
IMG_1177.JPG
IMG_1177.JPG (303.24 KiB) Viewed 1777 times
lance

Re: Hypocrisy?

Post by lance »

Dosent say a word about knives.
So id have to say Nope
john

Post by john »

lance wrote:Dosent say a word about knives.
So id have to say Nope

What Lance said.

KNIVES RULE!!!'
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Genghis Khan

Post by Genghis Khan »

They are scared of guns but sell switchblades from the counter in the back. And no one finds that hypocritical?
A little more to the story. It is a tourist trap that has a big head shop in it. After seeing the no guns sign and walking in the back, I found the knife counter. They had a display of the little 2" blade autos. I asked to see them. Most barely opened with the button. I am thinking the coil springs were improperly installed but didn't want to spend $12 to find out.The one I got was one of the few that snapped open. The Russian girl helping me asked if I wanted to see the larger switchblades. She said they were not on display because they were illegal. All were Asian crap, including an OTF and an Italian style stiletto with "Milan" printed on the blade. None were worth the $40 they were charging.
So, I guess the hypocrisy comes from a sign that says no drugs at a head shop and no guns at a store selling what they readily describe as illegal switchblades. That is how I see it.

Just so you know, I posted this over a glass of bourbon. It is a stupid sign at a stupid tourist trap in a weird town. Nothing i am taking seriously. But I do like the little auto.
john

Post by john »

Your little one is cool. I have a few little ones and one looks very similar to your knife.
The store owner's sign is for the law and the other shop owners.
It really does look like they're hypocrites and they're ripping people off selling junk knives.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Genghis Khan

Post by Genghis Khan »

Does anyone know these knives? Most of the ones in the case had a small amount of blade movement when the button is pushed. Is that just an improperly installed coil spring?
Jay Blade

Post by Jay Blade »

The top screw may need to be slightly loosened and then oil them up.