New 11" Picklocks from AGA Campolin

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Erik131065

New 11" Picklocks from AGA Campolin

Post by Erik131065 »

Great looking horn. I hope they"re gonna do a 13" soon.

https://www.3knives.com/en/product/2577 ... 8b-hb.html
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: New 11" Picklocks from AGA Campolin

Post by Bill DeShivs »

They did the 13s years ago.
Want one?
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
john

Post by john »

The 11 & 13" knives are outstanding simply fantastic. I own several. I'll post a photo later.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

These look terrific! They also are very reminiscent of the 11" picks made by Frank B. I wonder if they got parts from the same source?
mick17

Post by mick17 »

Erik131065 wrote:Great looking horn. I hope they"re gonna do a 13" soon.
Angelo said at the beginning of the year that they were going to make a 13" for the 70th anniversary. He mentioned nothing about an 11", so maybe they did these instead? Hopefully not, I'd like a 13".
Erik131065

Post by Erik131065 »

I know they did the 13" wasp version a couple of years ago. I am looking for the more regular shape. Yes Bill, I would like to have one but I"m in Europe, so the only possibility for me is to order from Austria. Thats where Knife shop and 3K Knives reside.
john

Post by john »

I believe AGA makes a tradition shaped 13" stiletto; I'm pretty sure all the wasp body, pick lock, flat guard stilettos were made by Renzo Pascotto for AGA.
Does anyone know for sure?
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

john wrote:I believe AGA makes a tradition shaped 13" stiletto; I'm pretty sure all the wasp body, pick lock, flat guard stilettos were made by Renzo Pascotto for AGA.
Does anyone know for sure?
Hi John the traditional shape 13" AGA made was in 2003 they havent made any traditional 13" picklocks since then. as far as i know the 10" picklocks, 10-11-13 frosolone picklocks, 11" & 13" wasp body picklocks were made by Renzo Pascotto, and i could be wrong but i think the 13" swinguards are made by RP also.
Last edited by METALGOD on Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

mick17 wrote:
Angelo said at the beginning of the year that they were going to make a 13" for the 70th anniversary. He mentioned nothing about an 11", so maybe they did these instead? Hopefully not, I'd like a 13".
AGA did make a 13" 70th anniversary knife but it was the custom 13" diamond button and batwing swinguards. not sure if they are making any traditional 13" picklocks though ive been asking for many years when they are going to make them again so dont hold your breath lol .
mick17

Post by mick17 »

METALGOD wrote:
mick17 wrote:
AGA did make a 13" 70th anniversary knife but it was the custom 13" diamond button and batwing swinguards. not sure if they are making any traditional 13" picklocks though ive been asking for many years when they are going to make them again so dont hold your breath lol .
It was definitely a 13" picklock. He was actually emailing me about the 13" bats/diamonds coming out later in the year and said this at the end of the email:

"Also a remake of the 13" picklock made in my factory will be available in june for the 70th anniversary of the AGA Campolin."

That email was from January though.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

mick17 wrote:
METALGOD wrote:
mick17 wrote:
It was definitely a 13" picklock. He was actually emailing me about the 13" bats/diamonds coming out later in the year and said this at the end of the email:

"Also a remake of the 13" picklock made in my factory will be available in june for the 70th anniversary of the AGA Campolin."

That email was from January though.

very possible he could be making them then , if he said June it would be more like october/november lol
Erik131065

Post by Erik131065 »

I"m patient. Just dealt with 3K recently for the first time and was surprised with its quick service. Although it was just a swivel 13" the quality was great.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Erik131065 wrote:I"m patient. Just dealt with 3K recently for the first time and was surprised with its quick service. Although it was just a swivel 13" the quality was great.
cant go wrong buying from 3K , probably best knives you can get over there where you live :)
mick17

Post by mick17 »

I got a couple of these last week, and they are pretty sweet! Excellent fit and and finish, and some fantastic horn. They don't have the heft that the recent 11" AGA wasp bodies have, but then again the price is far less. I'd say they're similar to an 11" Frank B limited edition I have, but with a slightly wider blade at 4mm. My only criticism is that they don't fire open hard. I can get past that though...

The lighter one is featured on the 3knives site linked in the 1st post of this thread

It's hard to see in this pic but they are stamped "1947-2017" on the back
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

They are sweet Pat! I've been looking at them myself. Really great price too. I was rather surprised they didn't do the full 5mm on such a special anniversary model. If I weren't holding my breath (and my wallet) waiting on the Walt's, I'd have bought one myself. Very nice indeed! Let's face it, I want at least one of everything though lol.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)