A little help identifying 13" Stag

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Jay Blade

Re: A little help identifying 13" Stag

Post by Jay Blade »

BruceS wrote:I like the "Chunky" Stag. Nice find. First picklock I had in high school was a "Chunky" Stag 9". That was almost 50 years ago. Where has the time gone.

Bruce
Yeah, that's what I liked about it also Bruce! Feels good in my big hands, just like my Fender Strat neck does!
Oh, and time, gone baby gone, lol...
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Jay Blade wrote:
Bill DeShivs wrote:And, they'll tell you that they made it!
Nothing like taking credit for someone else's work!
No, it's just the way things work over there. Everyone offers all the products-that way, no one gets left out.
BTW- Frank Beltrame does make the thick 9" knives for Latama.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

ive bought many 13" stilettos over the years direct from Frank and Renzo , Renzo Beltrame makes 13" stilettos , Frank Beltrame does not make 13's but does sell 13" stilettos . i was told by Sara many years ago that her uncle made the 13" stilettos Frank sells (not Armando of AB) so must be another Beltrame or possible uncle on mothers side who makes 13" Frank sells . you can tell the different makers of 13's by the liner on bottom as ones Frank sells are full cut and are usually stamped just (inox) some stamped (Frank B. Italy) . the 13's that Armando and Renzo sell do not have full cut bottom liner. so knife you have was most likely made by saras uncle but was sold by Frank. hope this helps :)
Jay Blade

Post by Jay Blade »

Bill DeShivs wrote:
Jay Blade wrote:
Bill DeShivs wrote:And, they'll tell you that they made it!
Nothing like taking credit for someone else's work!
No, it's just the way things work over there. Everyone offers all the products-that way, no one gets left out.
BTW- Frank Beltrame does make the thick 9" knives for Latama.
I see, they all work together. Cool. So you'll know by size who made your knife, okay. Thanks for the info again. I've learned a lot here!
Jay Blade

Post by Jay Blade »

METALGOD wrote:ive bought many 13" stilettos over the years direct from Frank and Renzo , Renzo Beltrame makes 13" stilettos , Frank Beltrame does not make 13's but does sell 13" stilettos . i was told by Sara many years ago that her uncle made the 13" stilettos Frank sells (not Armando of AB) so must be another Beltrame or possible uncle on mothers side who makes 13" Frank sells . you can tell the different makers of 13's by the liner on bottom as ones Frank sells are full cut and are usually stamped just (inox) some stamped (Frank B. Italy) . the 13's that Armando and Renzo sell do not have full cut bottom liner. so knife you have was most likely made by saras uncle but was sold by Frank. hope this helps :)
Great info METALGOD!! So it's Not her Uncle Renzo but another Uncle, okay. Will the mystery uncle please come forward, lol...
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Jay Blade wrote:
METALGOD wrote:ive bought many 13" stilettos over the years direct from Frank and Renzo , Renzo Beltrame makes 13" stilettos , Frank Beltrame does not make 13's but does sell 13" stilettos . i was told by Sara many years ago that her uncle made the 13" stilettos Frank sells (not Armando of AB) so must be another Beltrame or possible uncle on mothers side who makes 13" Frank sells . you can tell the different makers of 13's by the liner on bottom as ones Frank sells are full cut and are usually stamped just (inox) some stamped (Frank B. Italy) . the 13's that Armando and Renzo sell do not have full cut bottom liner. so knife you have was most likely made by saras uncle but was sold by Frank. hope this helps :)
Great info METALGOD!! So it's Not her Uncle Renzo but another Uncle, okay. Will the mystery uncle please come forward, lol...
not Renzo and not Armando , like i said not sure if uncle is on Franks side or his wife side.
georgyboy

Post by georgyboy »

Tom19176 wrote:13" swivel bolster stag with a bayo blade....At the moment a good price for this size is around $100. This is about 20 years old ( best guess) most likely made by Frank Beltrame in Italy......
More likely Renzo Beltrame。G :?:
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
georgyboy

Post by georgyboy »

YES MADE BY SARA'S UNCLE RENZO!!!.my guess is he makes full cut ones for Frank and skm website,and makes non full cut for Armando。skm budget
LINE and himself。。。JUST A guess THOUGH.
Jay Blade

Post by Jay Blade »

Well, whomever made this 13" did do a fine job. Only thing is I wish the blade fired like my 11" Kris blade I posted about. Not slow, not superfast, but somewhere in the middle. I'm happy with it for sure!