Rizzuto estilleto help

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Dito88

Rizzuto estilleto help

Post by Dito88 »

Hello everyone, my grandfather just gave me a switblade he took off a guy he arrested in the 60s, I've been a collector of knives for a long time but beverage one of these. My question is the blade does not sit flush when closed, is there a way to fix this? TIA
john

Re: Rizzuto estilleto help

Post by john »

Hi Dito88,
Send JimBrown257 a pm. He may be able to help.
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Well I have to post my normal response to "my ( fill in the blank) took this off someone and gave it to me." There is no legal way to take someone's property and give it to someone. You may not think this way, but you're in possession of stolen property as I see it. It was taken under the color of authority with the concept that the person who had it did so illegally. If it is not turned in as evidence but given to another person ( who would equally illegally possess it) then it is handing off stolen property. People seem to allow this when it comes to weapons, but how you you feel if they cop next door took your knife off you and gave it to his son? I know you feel this is a great gift with the added mystic of being taken off someone years ago. I see it as a theft of someone property......If your sworn to obey and enforce the law, then it applies to you too....
Dito88

Post by Dito88 »

Lmao wow ok... if I pulled my knife on a cop and he maced me because I was dumb enough to try to stab him then it wouldn't bother me that he took it..
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

my father did the same thing back in the 50s, took a sheath knife with a 5'' blade away from a kid who was waving it around. gave the kid a boot in the ass and sent him home. he didn't turn it in cause he didn't want the kid to have a police record. he gave it to my brother when he joined scouts in the 60s.

they may do things differant in the big cities , but this is small town.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

If a cop took my knife and let me off without going to jail I'd thank him, even if I didn't like it. I like jail a whole lot less!
2024 candidate for president
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Like I said people loose sight when it comes to weapons.....I worked in law enforcement and one of the locations had a check point at which an average of 20 knives were taken off people every Saturday night and signed into evidence without an arrest. They were noted as being taken off a person who was warned and admonished. Theft is theft to me.....I almost don't bother to make this point, but it has to do with morals.

As for the knife itself, they are Japan made cheap knives that are hard to fix, but can be.
john

Post by john »

I had the cops took my beer. I'm sure they didn't turn it in as evidence. Yes I was under age. Usually they just emptied all of our bottles or cans. Then they'd send us on our way.
The good old days.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

john wrote:I had the cops took my beer. I'm sure they didn't turn it in as evidence. Yes I was under age. Usually they just emptied all of our bottles or cans. Then they'd send us on our way.
The good old days.
The good old days are long gone I'm afraid. If there is money they can get out of you then your screwed.
2024 candidate for president
Genghis Khan

Post by Genghis Khan »

Another vote for Jim Brown as the guy who can fix the OP's rizzo