bladeauction.net - New knife auction :)

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

Re: bladeauction.net - New knife auction :)

Post by JulesVane »

Growing up in upstate NY in the late 60's-70's (even to 1980), you had to know someone living a real "shady" life to get your hands on a switchblade and it was a "hush, hush, you didn't get this from me" if you could find one. I probably saw a total of 2 or 3 in those years. Then, somehow, I found Edge Co. that sent me about 5 "kits" around 1980. Even today, when a non-collector sees my meager collection, they think "WOW, where do you get those?" I hate to admit you can go online easily to BladePlay for them lol. Kind of takes the "mystique" away lol. I just can't imagine being able to walk into a Walmart to buy an Italian switchblade. I might as well collect coffee mugs lol.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
john

Post by john »

METALGOD wrote:all knife sellers of any kind are encouraged to take advantage of the July Special No Seller Fees for 30 days :) Peace
Hi Bernie,
Thanks for the information; no fees sounds greatI have several knives that I'd like to sell.
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

john wrote:
METALGOD wrote:all knife sellers of any kind are encouraged to take advantage of the July Special No Seller Fees for 30 days :) Peace
Hi Bernie,
Thanks for the information; no fees sounds greatI have several knives that I'd like to sell.
John
Hi John i would get the knives listed asap as the no seller fees are only for month of july so only have about 2 weeks left, not to worry about fees if you miss listing free in july the fees are still super low .
BruceS

Post by BruceS »

Hey Bernie,
Nice new site. I'm registered. I'll take a peek in there every few days for the 13" stilettos I collect.

Bruce
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

[quote="BruceS"]Hey Bernie,
Nice new site. I'm registered. I'll take a peek in there every few days for the 13" stilettos I collect.

Bruce

Awesome to see everyone registering with no problems :D . soon as word gets out and site gets more sellers sure will be something old or new you may like .
Thanks Bernie
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

METALGOD wrote:
sammy the blade wrote:It was free so he probably doesn't care about it. Just my guess.
i looked into making a auction just like bladebid but the company they go through charges 300+ a month so it wasnt free for him and this is why i dont understand why he would just let it go .
No it wasn't free for him, probably why he doesn't care anymore, surprised it lasted as long as it did. That site was up a long time costing whoever ran it some money. No fees, no income, how long would anyone keep it going.
2024 candidate for president
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

sammy the blade wrote:
METALGOD wrote:
sammy the blade wrote:It was free so he probably doesn't care about it. Just my guess.
i looked into making a auction just like bladebid but the company they go through charges 300+ a month so it wasnt free for him and this is why i dont understand why he would just let it go .
No it wasn't free for him, probably why he doesn't care anymore, surprised it lasted as long as it did. That site was up a long time costing whoever ran it some money. No fees, no income, how long would anyone keep it going.

well i was a seller there since day 1 in 2001 so 16 years no fees for sellers or buyers , that my friend is true dedication from site owner Rich Bolton to our hobby and the knives we collect.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Guess he lost interest or maybe something happened to him.
2024 candidate for president
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

sammy the blade wrote:Guess he lost interest or maybe something happened to him.
wish i knew . hope he is ok and in good health :)
Genghis Khan

Post by Genghis Khan »

Genghis Khan wrote:
Tom19176 wrote:Prices did go up...those around for awhile remember Stu711 as he basically sold wholesale to everyone. BladePlay was very cheap too! A few private sellers were also discount sellers ( Rick, Ala John).....I see many modern items offered on SD at fairly cheap prices and they don't sell....There is a stag 13" bayo starting at $65 on Ebay that is listed again with no bidders.....Who knows what the prices are for real these days....My friend lives in FL and see high prices at gun shows, and another friend in AZ sees really high prices in stores there......
I saw that 13" on eBay. His shipping charge is high.
Autos don't do well on eBay because people don't know to look for them there.
So, I messaged that guy on eBay and told him that $15 for shipping was too high. He said he would ship it for $5. I bid on it and won it for $65 plus the $5. Pretty happy about how that worked out.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Genghis Khan wrote:
Genghis Khan wrote:
Tom19176 wrote:Prices did go up...those around for awhile remember Stu711 as he basically sold wholesale to everyone. BladePlay was very cheap too! A few private sellers were also discount sellers ( Rick, Ala John).....I see many modern items offered on SD at fairly cheap prices and they don't sell....There is a stag 13" bayo starting at $65 on Ebay that is listed again with no bidders.....Who knows what the prices are for real these days....My friend lives in FL and see high prices at gun shows, and another friend in AZ sees really high prices in stores there......
So, I messaged that guy on eBay and told him that $15 for shipping was too high. He said he would ship it for $5. I bid on it and won it for $65 plus the $5. Pretty happy about how that worked out.
That's great! I often look on eBay, but I guess I don't know what to search. I've tried all the different ways to say switchblade without saying switchblade. Looking forward to seeing pics of your purchase. You sound happy and I'm glad.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Genghis Khan

Post by Genghis Khan »

JulesVane wrote:
Genghis Khan wrote:
Genghis Khan wrote:
That's great! I often look on eBay, but I guess I don't know what to search. I've tried all the different ways to say switchblade without saying switchblade. Looking forward to seeing pics of your purchase. You sound happy and I'm glad.
Stiletto usually works for me. Not that there are so many switchblades on eBay.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Glad to see you got it!
Genghis Khan

Post by Genghis Khan »

JulesVane wrote:
Genghis Khan wrote:
Genghis Khan wrote:
IMG_1149.JPG
IMG_1149.JPG (466.87 KiB) Viewed 3385 times
My 13" eBay stag.
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Genghis Khan wrote:
JulesVane wrote:
Genghis Khan wrote:
IMG_1149.JPG
My 13" eBay stag.
Nice lookin', Gengis. You should be very happy with it.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."