bladeauction.net - New knife auction :)

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
lance

Re: bladeauction.net - New knife auction :)

Post by lance »

congratulations bernie,glad to see youre still selling.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Genghis Khan wrote:Brings back memories of the old bladeauction.com.
:lol: sure does but now its bladeauction.net
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

sammy the blade wrote:Another BA, that would be great! Hopefully selling all types of knives, I sure miss those days.
another BA is going to be great hopefully just as good as the old one but without the problems old one had :). (i sure miss those days) give it time them "days" will be back :)
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

lance wrote:congratulations bernie,glad to see youre still selling.
Thanks Lance :D
tanto

Post by tanto »

There is a lot of info missing on that site... BTW I dont think it is operated by the same person (Josh) - is it? What happened to Bladebid?
---------------

My knives + watches
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Think it's shut down.
2024 candidate for president
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

tanto wrote:There is a lot of info missing on that site... BTW I dont think it is operated by the same person (Josh) - is it? What happened to Bladebid?
(www.bladeauction.net) is a new site so give it time more info will be added . it is not owned or operated by or any association with the old bladeauction or Josh.
bladebid got a bug i think over a month ago and has not been back up since tried several emails to owner with no response .
sammy the blade

It was free so he probably doesn't care about it. Just my guess.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

sammy the blade wrote:It was free so he probably doesn't care about it. Just my guess.
i looked into making a auction just like bladebid but the company they go through charges 300+ a month so it wasnt free for him and this is why i dont understand why he would just let it go .
sammy the blade

It was probably costing him money, with very few sellers he couldn't be making much money. Could be why Sharperdeal raised the fees and discouraged private sells, just my opinion. With the internet you can get about anything being made now so you really don't need to buy on an auction unless your looking for rare and no longer made. The people selling new knives can't be making much money on them unless they have a good hook up. When I got into autos you couldn't find them, I worked in a big factory and made a lot of money on clones. Afraid those days are over.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

sammy the blade wrote:It was probably costing him money, with very few sellers he couldn't be making much money. Could be why Sharperdeal raised the fees and discouraged private sells, just my opinion. With the internet you can get about anything being made now so you really don't need to buy on an auction unless your looking for rare and no longer made. The people selling new knives can't be making much money on them unless they have a good hook up. When I got into autos you couldn't find them, I worked in a big factory and made a lot of money on clones. Afraid those days are over.

I guess i have to disagree with the raised fees and private sales as there is a new site (bladeauction.net) that has low fees and does not discourage private sales :D , if you compare the terms & conditions and fees of both sites you will see what im talking about. same with auctions from my expierence most people would rather buy from a auction than a store type site , sure there are tons of places to obtain knives but most your big sites sell whatever they get they dont really look over the knives to see if there are any defects or if they even work properly as they cant they have to many so someone like me selling small amounts on auction its more personal and knives are looked over more closely so not trying to argue just stating what i go through with selling .
sammy the blade

I used to buy a lot of knives through sellers on the old BA, probably why they all worked as they should. Back then there weren't many online stores selling Italian stilettos, back then I paid on average $35 plus shipping for a 9" Italian stiletto. Afraid those days are long gone!
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

sammy the blade wrote:I used to buy a lot of knives through sellers on the old BA, probably why they all worked as they should. Back then there weren't many online stores selling Italian stilettos, back then I paid on average $35 plus shipping for a 9" Italian stiletto. Afraid those days are long gone!
35 bucks for a 9" stiletto yep them days are gone for sure, hell you cant get them direct from italy for that price anymore.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Prices did go up...those around for awhile remember Stu711 as he basically sold wholesale to everyone. BladePlay was very cheap too! A few private sellers were also discount sellers ( Rick, Ala John).....I see many modern items offered on SD at fairly cheap prices and they don't sell....There is a stag 13" bayo starting at $65 on Ebay that is listed again with no bidders.....Who knows what the prices are for real these days....My friend lives in FL and see high prices at gun shows, and another friend in AZ sees really high prices in stores there......
Genghis Khan

Post by Genghis Khan »

Tom19176 wrote:Prices did go up...those around for awhile remember Stu711 as he basically sold wholesale to everyone. BladePlay was very cheap too! A few private sellers were also discount sellers ( Rick, Ala John).....I see many modern items offered on SD at fairly cheap prices and they don't sell....There is a stag 13" bayo starting at $65 on Ebay that is listed again with no bidders.....Who knows what the prices are for real these days....My friend lives in FL and see high prices at gun shows, and another friend in AZ sees really high prices in stores there......
I saw that 13" on eBay. His shipping charge is high.
Autos don't do well on eBay because people don't know to look for them there.