BLADEBID / FOLGORE KNIVES

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
METALGOD

BLADEBID / FOLGORE KNIVES

Post by METALGOD »

Hey guys not sure whats going on with (bladebid.com) but no one can log in at all , i myself have sent 5 emails to administration with no response . i really hope and pray they get it fixed soon :(
Last edited by METALGOD on Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
JulesVane

Re: BLADEBID / FOLGORE KNIVES

Post by JulesVane »

I hope it's fixed soon also Bernie. I check it on a daily basis. You've always got great stuff at great prices on there. Ever since we "met", I had no luck creating an account to be able to bid as a buyer. They told me over & over that they sent me confirmation emails to create an account, but the emails never came. I was lucky enough to contact you directly for items to purchase. Now, I can't even see what you have for sale.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Genghis Khan

Post by Genghis Khan »

Bernie,
This may sound like a silly question, but at the very least, why aren't you posting your inventory for sale here?
I have bought some great knives from you here as opposed to bladebid because of its quirkiness.
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

JulesVane wrote:I hope it's fixed soon also Bernie. I check it on a daily basis. You've always got great stuff at great prices on there. Ever since we "met", I had no luck creating an account to be able to bid as a buyer. They told me over & over that they sent me confirmation emails to create an account, but the emails never came. I was lucky enough to contact you directly for items to purchase. Now, I can't even see what you have for sale.
Pretty much my exact same experience. Unable to register, unable to contact the administrator...

Bernie, I really appreciate that you are willing to sell via email, but I gotta tell you that your email system is busted too, just not as bad... it's impossible to respond to the address you always email back with, not sure if you're aware of this or not, but a couple people have mentioned it.

Don't worry I'm sure lots of people here (myself included) will be happy to give you plenty of business one way or another :P :roll:
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Berne had or still has two separate email accounts, one of which simply did not accept inbound messages. I gave up some time ago. All this tech stuff too often gets in the way of good communications.

This is not primarily a sales site, and Bernie exercises restraint here. I think that indicates his respect for this site by not abusing the Buy/Sell area. Perhaps he should set up his own sales site?
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

natcherly wrote: Perhaps he should set up his own sales site?
Probably be a great idea especially since knives and t-shirts are his only source of income at this time. He could put talkblade on his links!
2024 candidate for president
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Genghis Khan wrote:Bernie,
This may sound like a silly question, but at the very least, why aren't you posting your inventory for sale here?
I have bought some great knives from you here as opposed to bladebid because of its quirkiness.
keep your eyes peeled i will be listing some knives here very soon , im not going to over-jam talkblade with stuff im selling but i will be listing some stuff i have ta move , gotta keep the lights on and the cats fed you know what i mean lol .
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

natcherly wrote:Berne had or still has two separate email accounts, one of which simply did not accept inbound messages. I gave up some time ago. All this tech stuff too often gets in the way of good communications.

This is not primarily a sales site, and Bernie exercises restraint here. I think that indicates his respect for this site by not abusing the Buy/Sell area. Perhaps he should set up his own sales site?
i did look into my own site for many years now but man they are pretty expensive around 3G up front which i can never seem to come up with money , right now my sales are down so much im barely making enough to pay my bills . for last 20 years all ive done is sell italian made knives t-shirts posters magnets mugs banners etc...
Last edited by METALGOD on Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

JulesVane wrote:I hope it's fixed soon also Bernie. I check it on a daily basis. You've always got great stuff at great prices on there. Ever since we "met", I had no luck creating an account to be able to bid as a buyer. They told me over & over that they sent me confirmation emails to create an account, but the emails never came. I was lucky enough to contact you directly for items to purchase. Now, I can't even see what you have for sale.
man i sure do hope it is fixed soon . i myself have sent 7 emails to bladebid administration now with no response from them so honestly not sure how long iT will be down for but im sure it will be back up just dont know when.
Last edited by METALGOD on Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

METALGOD wrote:keep your eyes peeled i will be listing some knives here very soon
I will be happy to help you out man, those red dot swedge-blade frank b's looked real nice once i got the money together i was gonna send you an email about them then the bladebid site went kaput so if you've still got them then you've got a buyer right here in the next month or so,

in the meantime I am looking for a modern swivel stiletto for a friend, anything 8-9 inches with a horn handle in the 60-70 USD range and you've got a sale right now just shoot me a PM or email me with some pics and info about it.

hope things look up for you Bernie

Luke
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Bernie: I had no idea that it cost so much ($3,000 to "start") an auction website of your own. Wow! (Of course, I knew NOTHING about the subject). I realize you need a place to list your inventory for sale. Even though BladeBid would never allow me to register, if I saw you had a piece there I wanted, I was able to just shoot you an email and you made the deal happen for me. Just last week, even with the site down, thought of a piece I wanted, emailed you, and BOOM! I had the piece within days! I'm sure many of the fine folks here have multiple access to places to purchase or inquire, even all the way to Italy. But, I've had YOU, and you have ALWAYS been great to me! I know you can't pay the bills with an occasional email purchase. But whether BladeBid gets back up, you start your own site, list pieces here (hard w/ your inventory)...I'll follow you wherever you go! I wish you luck my friend and hope things get good fast. You know I'm on that 5mm kick, so if styles come up in your inventory, don't hesitate to send me an email. I'll be in touch....Chris

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Luke_of_Mass wrote:
METALGOD wrote:keep your eyes peeled i will be listing some knives here very soon
I will be happy to help you out man, those red dot swedge-blade frank b's looked real nice once i got the money together i was gonna send you an email about them then the bladebid site went kaput so if you've still got them then you've got a buyer right here in the next month or so,

in the meantime I am looking for a modern swivel stiletto for a friend, anything 8-9 inches with a horn handle in the 60-70 USD range and you've got a sale right now just shoot me a PM or email me with some pics and info about it.

hope things look up for you Bernie

Luke
hey thanks i do have some 8" swedge blade stilettos with brazilian horn handles , ill pm you some pictures of them .
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

JulesVane wrote:Bernie: I had no idea that it cost so much ($3,000 to "start") an auction website of your own. Wow! (Of course, I knew NOTHING about the subject). I realize you need a place to list your inventory for sale. Even though BladeBid would never allow me to register, if I saw you had a piece there I wanted, I was able to just shoot you an email and you made the deal happen for me. Just last week, even with the site down, thought of a piece I wanted, emailed you, and BOOM! I had the piece within days! I'm sure many of the fine folks here have multiple access to places to purchase or inquire, even all the way to Italy. But, I've had YOU, and you have ALWAYS been great to me! I know you can't pay the bills with an occasional email purchase. But whether BladeBid gets back up, you start your own site, list pieces here (hard w/ your inventory)...I'll follow you wherever you go! I wish you luck my friend and hope things get good fast. You know I'm on that 5mm kick, so if styles come up in your inventory, don't hesitate to send me an email. I'll be in touch....Chris
3G per year is actually not much it works out to like 25-30 bucks a month but they want it all up front is whats killing me. bladebid has been up and running for 16 years and never had a problem until now . i try logging in every day but nothing new yet still same old (error syntax 44446) . i would love have my own site where i can showcase what i have to sell dont have to be a auction style just some place i can show what i have to offer collectors i guess more like a "store" website or a auction style like bladebid would be cool too :)
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Bernie, along with your short term memory loss, email addresses that don't work properly, you also need to work on your math skills. $25-$30 dollars times 12 months = $300 to $360...That is a whole lot less then $3,000.

Anybody try calling Rich? I can't find his number anymore but it seems like someone should be able to track it down. I would think that someone who had been using the auction for years would have a phone number. Maybe tanto has his number?

I think Rich is close to 80, so hopefully he isn't having health issues.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

whippersnapper wrote:Bernie, along with your short term memory loss, email addresses that don't work properly, you also need to work on your math skills. $25-$30 dollars times 12 months = $300 to $360...That is a whole lot less then $3,000.

Anybody try calling Rich? I can't find his number anymore but it seems like someone should be able to track it down. I would think that someone who had been using the auction for years would have a phone number. Maybe tanto has his number?

I think Rich is close to 80, so hopefully he isn't having health issues.
sorry mr.perfect lol i guess i was wrong more like 300+ a month . i dont have Rich phone number never did i never ever had a problem with him or the website , we have talked through emails over last 16 years but ive never talked to him on phone . i had no idea he was close to 80 are you sure about that ? i thought around 60 but 80 wow