Bladebid Whats with this place?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
fastr19

Re: Bladebid Whats with this place?

Post by fastr19 »

omega wrote:
fastr19 wrote:
METALGOD wrote:Hey guys bladebid.com is legit its probably one of the oldest knife auctions still around, right after blade auction got shut down Rich Bolton started http://www.bladebid.com , i myself was invited by Rich personally so i have been a seller there since day 1 back in 2001, its been up and running for 16 years now and best of all NO FEES period, no greedy owners getting mad because you did a sale outside the auction using their site lol . this site is super cool the best in my opinion as there are no fees at all for buyers or sellers, no greedy owners trying to capitalize on your sales . it is cool how bladebid has been up and running for 16 years and charges no fees what so ever for anything , i always wondered why sharperdeal cant do it just must not have the means or knowledge or is just plain greedy lol , if bladebid can do it so can SD but guarantee it will never happen lol.

i am going to talk to Rich personally very soon and get everything taken care of , if possible i will be running the site signing people up getting people registered etc... going to see if he will let me manage the site . wish me luck :)
A vicious totallly unnecessary post!
Hmmm. Did I miss something here, or has there been an edit?

What exactly was "Vicious and totally unnecessary?
" i always wondered why sharperdeal cant do it just must not have the means or knowledge or is just plain greedy lol , if bladebid can do it so can SD but guarantee it will never happen lol. "
In capitalism a man produces a product and offers it to others at a fee. There was no need to denigrate SD. Now if one would sell a knife to us at what they paid for it, then there might be reason to be judgmental of others.
omega

Post by omega »

hmmm. I didn't take Metalgod's remarks to be "vicious." Everyone has their opinions and is entitled to express them.

The SD site is rather fee-heavy for sellers to the point where I would think twice about listing there if I was still actively selling. There's also been some indication of pettiness on the part of the proprietor - gawd forbid should somebody sell something and SD not get its fee. It appears that various issues between the parties caused Metalgod to move his auctions elsewhere. That's sad, as he's known to be a reputable seller, but a mans got to do what he has to.

The good old days of BladeAuction are long gone, but folks are still measuring the marketplace according to the prices, practices and fees that defined the place in 2005. As a seller, I kind of liked it when the proprietor would forget to send out the monthly fees bills for 2-3 months at a time. No wonder Josh Burbank couldn't keep the site running, LOL.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Very good post, Fastr19!
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

of course bill and fastr19 are not going to like what i state about sharperdeal or Bob as they are friends of his and moderators on SD forum . it is what it is guys like it or not its the truth and you know it , im not trying to start a argument im just stating facts like it or not.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Bernie,

As I mentioned before I bought quite a few knives from you some years ago when I was building my collection of modern Italian switchblades, and had good transactions with you on all of them. Oh, I just remembered that I also bought my first vintage picklock from you, a Mauro Mario. I showed it Tim Zinser (who knows a lot more than I do). He told me it had never been apart, was correct and in great shape, and remarked that you treated me well on the deal. You have established yourself as a seller in our hobby. I also happen to be friends with and have a great deal of respect for Bill, fastr19, and Bob, and am a moderator on the SD forum.

My thought is that if you found a place to sell that you like better then go there, and apparently you have, but there is no need to bash other places. When other sellers choose to sell on SD that is their business. What matters to collectors is the price, and the integrity of the seller which translates into confidence that the piece will be as described. It doesn't matter to us what fees the seller did or did not pay. Our community is small and tight. We don't need any unnecessary negativity.

Jim
orangeboy

Post by orangeboy »

I have nothing against METALGOD and we are on good terms. Having said that, Bob from SD had a massive life changing stroke. I know from first hand experience with my dad that strokes are terrible and leave you disabled. Mentally and physically. It wasn't just the stroke alone, as a result of the stroke Bob has had multiple other health issues to deal with. His wife Gloria I'm sure is physically and mentally exhausted. If they can't answer a few emails in a timely fashion then so what. It's just hobby not a full time job.

From what I understand Bob is very limited at what he can do. He's such a nice guy and very dedicated to this hobby. If he was purposely ignoring emails sure that would be frustrating but before anyone judges him (and Gloria) let's take a walk in Bob's shoes for 5 minutes. His life will never be the same, his wife's life will never be the same and his daughter's life won't be the same. These are "bigger picture" issues of their lives dealt with on a hourly and daily basis and petty problems with a few knife auctions are really small change in comparison.

Let's keep things positive.
Last edited by orangeboy on Sat May 27, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Italian and USA Doctorate in Cutlery Research, PHD
Italian and USA Masters in Cutlery Research, PHD
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

I'm not a moderator on SD, but I am a friend of Bob's.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Bill and fastr19 are not moderators on the SD forum, but I'm certain they are friends. As are most who have got to know Bob over the years. Folks are going to back up and support their friends. As it should be.
METALGOD wrote: it is what it is guys like it or not its the truth and you know it

Truth about what? You don't like the fees and following a few auction rules? It's your right to bitch and complain about that just like the owner has the freedom to charge and make the rules he likes.

The issue seems to be you are bringing your personal rift with Bob into the mix. Seriously, do you really want the details of that aired out in public? Take my advice and give it a rest.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

JulesVane wrote:Is BladeBid working correctly? Says 47 autos for sale, but only showing 24 with no option to go to a second page...
man im not sure whats going on seems no one can log in , i cannot log in myself , i keep getting a error message when i try to log in, i sent few emails to administration but havent heard anything back yet . right now still says 47 auctions but there is only 5
Genghis Khan

Post by Genghis Khan »

METALGOD wrote:
sammy the blade wrote:Good luck! They need some sellers there, anyone but Tizzybee! There were a lot of sellers on BA and I wonder what happened to everyone. Personally I don't have a problem with people selling cheap knives as long as the listing isn't misleading. Pretty much how I got started and there are some nice cheap knives out there.
tizzybee wow havent heard that name in years lol. im pretty sure Rich (owner of bladebid) was a seller on the old blade auction but after BA got shut down he started bladebid.com on his own and has been up an running ever since.
I bought knives from Tizzybee back in the day from Bladeauction. Never had an issue, but I heard there were horror stories. Would anyone care to share some?
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Genghis Khan wrote:
METALGOD wrote:
sammy the blade wrote:Good luck! They need some sellers there, anyone but Tizzybee! There were a lot of sellers on BA and I wonder what happened to everyone. Personally I don't have a problem with people selling cheap knives as long as the listing isn't misleading. Pretty much how I got started and there are some nice cheap knives out there.
tizzybee wow havent heard that name in years lol. im pretty sure Rich (owner of bladebid) was a seller on the old blade auction but after BA got shut down he started bladebid.com on his own and has been up an running ever since.
I bought knives from Tizzybee back in the day from Bladeauction. Never had an issue, but I heard there were horror stories. Would anyone care to share some?
You mean aside from her insistence that the Milanos she sold were genuine Italian products?
Genghis Khan

Post by Genghis Khan »

natcherly wrote:
Genghis Khan wrote:
METALGOD wrote:
You mean aside from her insistence that the Milanos she sold were genuine Italian products?
Interesting. I only bought low end Asian knives from her. I guess My expectations were level.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

I only bought the low end knives from her too but not for long. She told me if I bought them by the dozen she would replace the bad ones. She lied so I gave her bad feedback everytime josh deleted it. HO! HO!
2024 candidate for president
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

sammy the blade wrote:I only bought the low end knives from her too but not for long. She told me if I bought them by the dozen she would replace the bad ones. She lied so I gave her bad feedback everytime josh deleted it. HO! HO!
josh deleted her bad feedback you left for her everytime lol i know someone else who does same shit bob at (sharperdeal) does this all time for his ( friends) but hes such a good guy lol . i left negative feedbacks for few people on sharperdeal auction but they were taken off right away because they were "friends" of bobs not because it was right or wrong but because they were simply bobs friend . anyone wants to argue about this bring it on i have proof to back up what i state .
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

That's enough!
Bernie, you were told to give it a rest :!:
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers