Partial collection

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
repligun

Partial collection

Post by repligun »

Hi, I just introduced myself on Talkblade. Here is a pic of some of my collection. None of these knives have been altered in any way and are all original they actually have been stored away about 20 years and I took them out upon finding this website. I will post the different knife pics to see if I can get any info from the members as to authenticity. I will post what I know and hope to receive feedback.
This first pic is some of my collection.
This blade I acquired around 1976. I got it from a fellow factory worker. He was a Vietnam vet and said he got it in Saigon when he was there. The action is very fast and smooth.
BruceS

Re: Partial collection

Post by BruceS »

Hello,
I'm new here too. I collect the Italian knives. Mostly 13" stilettos. Neat knives you have there. I like the one on the bottom.

Bruce
lance

Post by lance »

Hello,you have some neat knives there.top to bottom ya have w/we call a bullfighter,a japenese knife w a sweet blade ya dont see on that model,i think its called a spade.thse were sold in mexico as trinket souvenirs.
Next is a 50s presto w/bail,all metal scales.desireable knife.next the leverlock is a jaguar.cocobola wood scales.a nato military o.t.f. and what looks like a frank b 13"swivelbolster stiletto.
Welcome to the forum.
DonC

Post by DonC »

The stiletto looks like it may be a D stamp with short throw safety so it could be in the transitional category. Can't make out the tang stamp but it could help identify the piece if you can tell us what it says.
DonC
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

BruceS wrote:Hello,
I'm new here too. I collect the Italian knives. Mostly 13" stilettos. Neat knives you have there. I like the one on the bottom.

Bruce
You're a man after my own heart. 13's are great!
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
repligun

Post by repligun »

Thanks for the info guys. The 1950's black handle with the round button always reminded me of a Boy Scout knife. That one was made in my home town of Bridgeport Ct. Here are a few pics of the 13" ones with a close up of the blade markings. I know the gray handled one is not a switch but I thought I would include it.Image
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Your Presto knife is a WW2 paratrooper knife.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

We luv pictures!
2024 candidate for president
repligun

Post by repligun »

WOW! A WWII Paratrooper! such an honor to own.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Wandy is a well made nice knife
DonC

Post by DonC »

Had a feeling the stiletto was a Wandy. Not overly common and good examples of the transitionals.
DonC
lance

Post by lance »

I just picked up a super thick 5mm wandy in stag.it weighs 1.5lbs awesome knife,wandy is a good stamp ya dont see everyday.