What would you do?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
mick17

What would you do?

Post by mick17 »

I made a purchase on a popular auction site back in February and the item had a few things that were different than the description. The seller's return policy stated returns were fine if item wasn't as described. I contacted the seller and let him know I'd like to return it, and he said no problem send it back he'll give me "store" credit. Sent the item back promptly.

We maintained communication through email here and there talking about items he had available for auction. I wasn't a nuisance or anything don't get that idea, all of our conversations were very positive. Last contact was 3/17. I hadn't seen him posting anything up for auction after mid March or so, so I emailed him on 4/13 letting him know what I like and asking if he could maybe send a list of stuff he has. Never heard anything back. Emailed again 5 days later and messaged him on the auction site. No response as of today.

I hope the guy's alright and everything, but not having anything on the auction site and not responding to emails/messages has me kind of worried. I have more than a couple hundred dollars tied up with this and would like to buy something from him. It's gotten to the point where I'm thinking I may have to recoup my money through Paypal, but would rather not. It'll be a hassle and I don't want to give the guy a bad reputation with Paypal or anything. The guy has hundreds of good reviews so this seems really odd.

What would you do?
METALGOD

Re: What would you do?

Post by METALGOD »

with pp you only have like 30 days to make claim, if you do not receive your product or refund in 30 days after you made payment then i would contact pp and get my money back . 30 days is plenty of time to get your product or a refund to you.
BruceS

Post by BruceS »

I've had internet businesses since 1998. In 2005 I had an aortic aneurysm, unplanned departure from my business by all means. Then 2 more weeks of complications. Was thinking it would be 1 week, not almost a month. Some folks who made purchases during the time were taking steps to recoup their money. Everything ended well an any ill will was repaired.

I'm slow on the trigger as I get older as the same can(and has since my brush) to other I do business with. Just keep this as a possibility of what is going on. Something may have happened to him.

All the best.
Bruce
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Was it autoknife?
2024 candidate for president
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

In a situation like this, the first thing I would suggest is to go on the forums, look for a mod or an active member with many posts and send them a pm. They will either know the seller or know someone who knows them. That would probably be the best way to get info without having to post any details on the open forum.
mick17

Post by mick17 »

Bruce, I've definitely considered that and of course really hope it's not the case. I certainly hope everything is alright.

Jim that's great advice I just had no idea how to go about this. I tried to make sure that my post was ambiguous out of respect to the guy while still posting necessary details to get good advice. Definitely wanted to avoid this sounding like a call-out thread.

If the mods would like to delete this thread feel free. I will follow Jim's advice.
autoknife

Post by autoknife »

sammy the blade wrote:Was it autoknife?
Why would you ask if it was me?
No, I'm not happy to see you, that's my 12cm "Red Rose" in my pocket!
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Your reputation is less than stellar on this forum. Is it you?
2024 candidate for president
autoknife

Post by autoknife »

I believe you are confusing me with someone else so I would be very carefull if I were you. Slander is a very serious matter. Just because someone uses a similar website address as mine doesn't make them me. Mine is http://www.autoknife.info ,his is http://www.autoknife.com
Big difference.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

autoknife wrote:I believe you are confusing me with someone else so I would be very carefull if I were you. Slander is a very serious matter. Just because someone uses a similar website address as mine doesn't make them me. Mine is http://www.autoknife.info ,his is http://www.autoknife.com
Big difference.
You could have easily made your point and cleared up any understandable confusion (the urls are really not that different) without resorting to implied threats.
autoknife

Post by autoknife »

Easy for you to say since it's not you being slandered. I've gone by autoknife for close to 20 years, and Roadside imports creates a web address close to mine and I get this. It has nothing to do with urls. Never has he been known by, or gone by my forum name on any forum I'm aware of.
Last edited by autoknife on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redeye

Post by redeye »

Ken,if I was being confused with that guy I would be pissed too. You have a stellar rep here and other places,its a shame that your handle is being confused with his.
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
autoknife

Post by autoknife »

Thanks!
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Ken, I understand you dilemma and frustration in all this. Your anger should rightfully be aimed toward Roadside rather than someone who asks a question.

As "autoknife" is rather generic, is there some way to modify that name to differentiate yourself from RI? A big hassle I know, but might be worth it in the long run.
autoknife

Post by autoknife »

Like I said, other than the similar URL he used (he has about 6 different ones) I've never been confused with him before because he has his own forum name.