What would you do?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sammy the blade

Re: What would you do?

Post by sammy the blade »

Sorry for the unfair confusion, guess the answer is no. First time for everything and it looks like he will be stuck with the knife. It's a shame that people have be dishonest and won't back their word. Ruins it for a lot of people.
2024 candidate for president
autoknife

Post by autoknife »

It sucks, but I'm a strong believer in Karma.
No, I'm not happy to see you, that's my 12cm "Red Rose" in my pocket!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

There are many threads here and elsewhere about autoknife.com/leverlettos.com/roadside imports/exiled exports, and the dozens of other monikers Benson goes by. He is a sociopathic criminal. He steals designs, counterfeits, rips people off.

Autoknife, on the other hand is one of the most respected collectors/authorities on switchblade knives.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Autoknife (Ken) as Bill states is among the most respected collectors and most ethical individuals in our hobby. autoknife.com is completely on the opposite end of the spectrum. Over the years I have bought a few knives from Ken in private transactions and wouldn't hesitate to do so again. I can't even go to any of the site autoknife.com has (don't even know which ones are active) for fear my blood pressure would rise to a highly unsafe level.

Jim
john

Post by john »

I guess we should copyright and trademark our screen names. Often I wondered how you felt about RI's use of your screen name. The very first time I heard of the website I thought of you and quickly realized it was RI hoping to leverage your good reputation and make a profit while being abusive to his clients. I would be furious! I feel for you.

Mick17, I hope you can get in touch with the seller. I am hopeful that things will work out for you. Sorry we hijacked your thread.
Last edited by john on Mon May 01, 2017 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
lance

Post by lance »

I agree w john!! The REAL AUTOKNIFE (ken) should be able to copyright his handle!! He's a good buddy and and a hell of a knife collector!! Square with ALL!!
Thats some straight up B@%=$#!+!! Some skammer p.o.s! Hyjacks your goodname because he burnt everyone he could on the other 4 sites!! All different names?
mick17

Post by mick17 »

john wrote:I guess we should copyright and trademark our screen names. Often I wondered how you felt about RI's use of your screen name. The very first time I heard of the website I thought of you and quickly realized it was RI hoping to leverage your good reputation and make a profit while being abusive to his clients. I would be furious! I feel for you.

Mick17, I hope you can get in touch with the seller. I am hopeful that things will work out for you. Sorry we hijacked your thread.
Hi John- no worries I think it's important that it be established that autoknife on here is a stand up guy and not affiliated with that website. And thank you for the well wishes. I've been swamped with work but when I get a chance I'll follow Jim's advice and reach out to some of the long time members here to see if they know the guy.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

have you contacted sharperdeal administration Bob or Gloria ? im very surprised sd administration is not helping you out in this situation .
john

Post by john »

Keep trying you could take more than one email
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
mick17

Post by mick17 »

I haven't contacted Bob or Gloria yet because I know they have a lot on their plate and I didn't want to hurt the seller's reputation there if something did happen to him. He hasn't posted anything for sale there in quite some time.

It's probably time to do something though. I can provide the return postal package receipt as well as numerous emails and messages through the auction site I've had with the seller.