Old Frosolone campobasso,NOW AT AUCTION

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Belmont800

Re: Old Frosolone campobasso, more info?

Post by Belmont800 »

Very neat knife with nice and clean stampings. Great find. I would probably hedge a guess that it will fetch in the 600 - 700 range.
The knife market just does not seem to be what it was 10 years ago.

Cheers, Dan
Belmont800
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Given your situation, auction is your best option. You would probably reach the most serious collectors on the Sharperdeals auction.

Jim
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Man i have to disagree with 600-700 dollars when 13" and 11" coricamas and Latamas are still going for 1500 then this knife is worth more , its more rare and very very old made sometime before WW2. if you look at the cover of the book (switchblades of italy) the knife on the far left is a d.piscatelli frosolone campobasso just like yours and inside the book is a short little story on them. i have the Millenium list from Jerry Skelton dated 2005 and he has one with same stamp for 1500 so if it was worth 1500 in 2005 its worth more now in my opinion. some of these rare flatguards ive seen go for 3500 dollars or more . Any auction which allows these type knives would be best place to sell it and i will bet that knife goes for more than 2000 easy .
Last edited by METALGOD on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

A lot of people who buy on sharperdeal are members here. Get your posts up and you could probably sell it here without paying all the fees.
2024 candidate for president
Belmont800

Post by Belmont800 »

METALGOD wrote:Man i have to disagree with 600-700 dollars when 13" and 11" coricamas and Latamas are still going for 1500 then this knife is worth more , its more rare and very very old made sometime before WW2. if you look at the cover of the book (switchblades of italy) the knife on the far left is a d.piscatelli frosolone campobasso just like yours and inside the book is a short little story on them. i have the Millenium list from Jerry Skelton dated 2005 and he has one with same stamp for 1500 so if it was worth 1500 in 2005 its worth more now in my opinion. some of these rare flatguards ive seen go for 3500 dollars or more . sharperdeals is going to be the best place to auction it but be aware they charge 7% final value fees plus listing fees and bunch other fees etc... i will bet that knife goes for more than 2000 easy .

Show me a round bolster Latama that went for 1500 anytime recently.
Show me a round bolster brass 11 Coricama that went for 1500 anytime recently
Also, if Jerry had it listed for 1500 it wasn't necessarily gong to sell for 1500.
Belmont800
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Belmont800 wrote:
METALGOD wrote:Man i have to disagree with 600-700 dollars when 13" and 11" coricamas and Latamas are still going for 1500 then this knife is worth more , its more rare and very very old made sometime before WW2. if you look at the cover of the book (switchblades of italy) the knife on the far left is a d.piscatelli frosolone campobasso just like yours and inside the book is a short little story on them. i have the Millenium list from Jerry Skelton dated 2005 and he has one with same stamp for 1500 so if it was worth 1500 in 2005 its worth more now in my opinion. some of these rare flatguards ive seen go for 3500 dollars or more . sharperdeals is going to be the best place to auction it but be aware they charge 7% final value fees plus listing fees and bunch other fees etc... i will bet that knife goes for more than 2000 easy .

Show me a round bolster Latama that went for 1500 anytime recently.
Show me a round bolster brass 11 Coricama that went for 1500 anytime recently
Also, if Jerry had it listed for 1500 it wasn't necessarily gong to sell for 1500.

mint knives still sell for them prices all the time through private collectors just not on auction.
galvanic1882

Post by galvanic1882 »

Man that's a great looking knife!! I'd love to have a shot at buying it. If it goes up for sale count me in, Mike
galvanic1882

Post by galvanic1882 »

Did this knife sell or go to auction? I emailed the person that posted it but have not heard back?? Mike
Elan

Post by Elan »

Hi all,
I'm just waiting on sharperdeals.net to call me to authorize my account to be a seller account. I reached out to them again today so hopefully it won't take much longer.

Thanks,

Elan
sammy the blade

Elan wrote:Hi all,
I'm just waiting on sharperdeals.net to call me to authorize my account to be a seller account. I reached out to them again today so hopefully it won't take much longer.

Thanks,

Elan
Don't hold your breath! I've tried to get approval to bid 3 times and no luck. Possible they didn't get the request because of something I did wrong, I'm not very good with computers but you would think if you register you would hear something within a few days but it's been months. Probably did me a favor but not doing much for the sellers paying the bills.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Elan and Sammy, I have sent SharperD a pm regarding your accounts being activated. No promises but hopefuly he will respond.
sammy the blade

Thanks Terry!
Elan

Post by Elan »

whippersnapper wrote:Elan and Sammy, I have sent SharperD a pm regarding your accounts being activated. No promises but hopefuly he will respond.
Thanks!
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Elan wrote:
whippersnapper wrote:Elan and Sammy, I have sent SharperD a pm regarding your accounts being activated. No promises but hopefuly he will respond.
Thanks!
Hi Elan, you should be getting a phone call today from Gloria.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

whippersnapper wrote:
Elan wrote:
Thanks!
Hi Elan, you should be getting a phone call today from Gloria.
dont hold your breath i myself have left them 6 emails and called their phone number and left messages 2 times and NO RESPONSE, you may be better off just asking a certain price and list it here in the buy/sell area it will save you alot of hassle and best of all no fees listing it here at talkblade. i too would like a shot at this knife but nobody at sd will anser me or reactivate my account so guess im out on bidding. well good luck with selling it :)