11" Panamex Finekut Picklock

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
fastr19

Re: 11" Panamex Finekut Picklock

Post by fastr19 »

Here are some more. Probably not as clean as yours but except for the shell wrap they all have the red dot...one was restored from oblivion by Pat Havlin.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Nice knife Mick17
I love the scales and overall shape of that knife ,i cant tell if its been restored or not but either way its a fine looking switchblade and great to have in your collection.

fastr19
What a great group of knives with lovely horn . 8)
Thanks for showing them i havn't seen many Panamex knives at all but they are a lovely lookinh switchblade.

Regards
Ian
Belmont800

Post by Belmont800 »

Super sexy, maybe 500 - 600??
Belmont800
mick17

Post by mick17 »

Dave the whole top part of the blade gets very slender not just the cutting edge. It does look like just the cutting edge in one of the pics, it's just distortion.
fastr19 wrote:Here are some more. Probably not as clean as yours but except for the shell wrap they all have the red dot...one was restored from oblivion by Pat Havlin.
Those are great examples fastr19 thanks for contributing that pic. I notice a couple of differences between mine and those. One, mine says Finekut on the front stamp and Panamex Italy on the back. Those have Panamex Italy as the front stamp if I'm not mistaken.

Two, the red dot you mention. However I searched past threads here and found another Panamex that doesn't have a red dot. Also notice this one has Finekut as the front stamp like mine:

Could the stamp and red dot differences result from them being built in different time periods or perhaps they were made in different shops? I believe particular brands were made in several different shops back then (and now) due to the cottage industry aspect of Maniago.
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

The example you are showing now is a shell wrap. I don't believe they used the red dot on these. The small one in my pic is also a shell wrap and it has no red dot. All of mine have finecut on the reverse side. I think this is pretty universal.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Some shell wraps had the dot and some didn't.
Lots of dots, which were painted on the celluloid, just rubbed off.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
lance

Post by lance »

Nice score!! Panimex is a rare stamp& hard to come by! Besutiful horn love ig when it has white streaks! Thanks for shareing!
mick17

Post by mick17 »

Thanks again for the input and compliments everyone!

Thrilled to add this knife to the collection, it is a great find for sure.