110BRSA Buck Factory Automatic Hunter

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
oregon

110BRSA Buck Factory Automatic Hunter

Post by oregon »

Last edited by oregon on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oregon

Re: 110BRSA Buck Factory Automatic Hunter

Post by oregon »

oregon

Post by oregon »

oregon

Post by oregon »

oregon

Post by oregon »

oregon

Post by oregon »

First impressions: Beautiful specimen of the 110 Hunter. Excellent fit and finish. Scales match side to side. Even grinds on each side. Pointy and razor sharp out of the box. The absence of the NAIL NICK on the blade adds to the beauty and poise of this new auto Hunter. Locks upon and closed with an audible click. Unlocks from the open position with the back lock lever only. Opens only with the press of the button and opens without overly stressing the pinned frame (not too fast and not too slow, won't fly out of your hand with opening snap so doesn't take a death grip to retain purchase of the opening knife in hand).

Haven't tried the sheath and probably won't right away. There is an extra piece of stiff leather inside the front of the sheath (held in place by the snap. (Note that the regular/manual 110 sheath has NO such insert.)

Well done my good friends @ Buck Knives, Inc. I hope that you sell a million of them. As for me, well, ahh, em I'm gonna get another one.
oregon

Post by oregon »

Compare AUTO & its special sheath VERSUS Manual & its regular sheath

Last edited by oregon on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oregon

Post by oregon »

Compare Sheaths: Regular 110 sheath versus Auto 110 sheath::

whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Nice review, Oregon! Thanks!
oregon

Post by oregon »

Thank you for the kind words whip and you are most welcome. My pleasure.

The auto sheath makes for a tight fit so that you cannot easily get your fingers onto the firing button before the knife is out of the sheath. The regular manual 110's sheath is roomy by comparison.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

The list price for these 110 autos is more than double that of a regular example. Nice enough looking knife, but not sure I like the price. On the other hand, can't blame Buck for wanting to make a.... well you get the picture.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Oregon
Thats a fine looking knife. 8)

I wish i could get one sent here to the UK ,i've always liked Buck manuals but an auto is the best of both worlds..
Thanks for the great review and clear pictures.

Gravknife
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

I bought a couple of them. One for myself and the other for my Brother in Law. They both came as described by Oreon.
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Nice knife and great review! The price for it is very good when you consider the quality of an American made auto you're getting....The laws still allow for a limited market for these, and there is a good amount of added work in making them in addition other liability concerns and other factors that are involved when a real serious USA knife company makes a knife.....
oregon

Post by oregon »

natcherly wrote:The list price for these 110 autos is more than double that of a regular example. Nice enough looking knife, but not sure I like the price. On the other hand, can't blame Buck for wanting to make a.... well you get the picture.
I see the 110 auto advertised for $140 delivered online (out of stock, however).

I can have a manual 110 delivered for under $28, new with leather sheath, day in and day out.

That is a $112 difference. A lot of money for someone that rarely carries more than $20 in his wallet (unless I'm going to a knife show).

My name is oregon and I am a knife aficionado. It, cutlery, is my joy of life. I can stop anytime but I don't want to stop, not even a little part of me wants to even slow down the lust for this hobby. I get kicks from immersion in pursuit of knives that some can only dream of. My lovely wife pushes my foot into the accelerator when she says, "it could be worse you might collect cars, boats or airplanes!" If you force me to think about this hobby I might say that it is simply another way to hold wealth. I don't consider my knives as tools in my hand mostly. The vast majority of my knives remain NIB. Users can be counted with the fingers on one hand.

What are the chances that Buck's 110 factory auto will be a limited run? Spyderco suffered such an experience with their push into automatics. I say get them while you can if you want one because the future is inherently unpredictable.