110BRSA Buck Factory Automatic Hunter

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
oregon

Re: 110BRSA Buck Factory Automatic Hunter

Post by oregon »

gravknife wrote:Oregon
Thats a fine looking knife. 8)

I wish i could get one sent here to the UK ,i've always liked Buck manuals but an auto is the best of both worlds..
Thanks for the great review and clear pictures.

Gravknife
Thank you. I like it too.

My guess is that this knife will make it to the old world before too long. There is a cool shop in Austria owned by AGA Campolin (grandpa, dad & son just moved from Italy) that I would like to visit. Let me know if you do with some photos pretty please. :mrgreen:

Who has been there?

See the GIANT stiletto opened, out front of the shop, here on their facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/3KnivesTeam/

Article about the Campolins, courtesy of The Rake: http://www.agacampolin.com/images/news/the-rake.pdf

Last edited by oregon on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
oregon

Post by oregon »

wazu013 wrote:I bought a couple of them. One for myself and the other for my Brother in Law. They both came as described by Oreon.
Good to hear that about consistency in this model.

I usually clean a new 110 using hot soapy water, then pressurized air to remove the moisture, then WD-40, then air and soft cloth final cleaning, then and finally sealing with Tuff Glide (micro sealant). However, with this auto I am hesitant to use anything other than mechanical cleaning (Qtips, cloth, tooth brush and such). Don't want to gum up the works. But I do want to remove as much of the excess polishing compound that usually comes with a new 110. New knife needs a new technique.
oregon

Post by oregon »

Tom19176 wrote:Nice knife and great review! The price for it is very good when you consider the quality of an American made auto you're getting....The laws still allow for a limited market for these, and there is a good amount of added work in making them in addition other liability concerns and other factors that are involved when a real serious USA knife company makes a knife.....
Thank you for the kind words. I am happy that you like the thread. I love this stuff.

What is next: Auto 112, variations of steel and handles for the 110 auto, and ................................... I would like to see automatic Bucklite!
oregon

Post by oregon »

The firing mechanism:

Layman (me): The firing button pushes against a spring-loaded tetertoter whose other end has a nub that fits into and out of the sear as the firing button is operated.

Someone who knows how to explain the action better please help us out here. (Video coming at some point of the action)
oregon

Post by oregon »

Video of firing action:

https://youtu.be/KPq_QFbEU-4
oregon

Post by oregon »

Tang stamp with sear:

Last edited by oregon on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

oregon wrote:Video of firing action:

Your video isn't working.
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

I wish that I had an "original" from Buck. I'll begin to save for one.
Fishtail Picklock
oregon

Post by oregon »

whippersnapper wrote:
oregon wrote:Video of firing action:

Your video isn't working.
S/b working now, thank you, apologies.
oregon

Post by oregon »

A hearty Happy Easter to you and a few more pics:

[url=http://s19.photo%20bucket.com/user/oregun/media/IMG_0409_zps1ubgrdvu.jpg.html]Image[/url]

Eric Estelle photographer

Jerry Am Ende photographer
oregon

Post by oregon »

The once over:

1. Mechanical clean = Qtips, clean cotton cloth, paper towels: Remove polish compound, lube & such from all parts of knife until cloth won't p/u dirt.
2. WD40 clean = Spray into knife and work every moving part until fluid runs clear off of knife. Gloves used are thin stretchy medical/rubber. I hold open knife, point down, over white cloth so that I can see color of fluid dripping off. Repeat #1.
3. Alcohol bath = Pour over knife, work all moving parts, gloves used. Prepares knife for micro sealant. Repeat #1. Let dry.
4. Tufglide = Using gloves coat every part of knife, work blade, work button, work back lock. Do this outside as fluid fumes should be avoided. Let sit for a bit. Remove excess fluid with clean cotton cloth. Let sit for, well, until stink of fluid subsides. Repeat mechanical clean to remove any excess of Tufglide.

Finished knife is clean, lubed and protected from several elements of aging (rust and I don't get along).

Thank you for looking. :D

After a few days and as needed thereafter I'll add a tiny bit of food grade mineral oil to the moving parts (include sear where firing pin fits into while the blade is closed). I drip off a fraction of a drop with a bent paper clip. This is maintenance lubrication.
lance

Post by lance »

These are Sweet,i need one!! I have a couple conversions but ya kno im going for Every syle!! These are certainly something Special!!
oregon

Post by oregon »

I bet you that the mangler's wheels are turning all over the place with ideas to amend Buck's work by customizing the new auto 110s. I figure that in jig time you will see scale replacements of stag, buffalo horn, elk horn and other natural materials. And then there will be the man made handles of aluminum, G10, Titanium, silver and such. Customization sets the imagination spinning. I like factory knives so I'll look forward to factory variations on the 110 auto. A new branch for the 110 collector to follow!

Mine survived its cleaning, preservation and lubrication. I works fine and looks quite smart. I am happy with it and feel lucky to have it.
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

oregon wrote:There is a cool shop in Austria owned by AGA Campolin (grandpa, dad & son just moved from Italy) that I would like to visit.
Is this a back-and-forth thing? or are the Campolins no longer operating in Maniago?
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Angelo Campolin, Jr. opened his shop in Austria and commutes from Maniago.
Angelo Sr. passed away several years ago.
The A.G.A. Campolin firm is still located in Maniago.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.