My new SKM 4.5" mini stiletto

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sammy the blade

Re: My new SKM 4.5" mini stiletto

Post by sammy the blade »

I've bought a LOT of knives from bladeplay over the years and never a problem except for one cheapie. They told me to keep the knife and sent me another one, but that was years ago.
2024 candidate for president
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

The Diamond Batwing was the very last they had in stock. I can see they didn't exactly save the best for last. The "burrs" (I'll call them) on the swinguard and the "pin marks" (looks like someone took a thumbtack, stuck it in & pulled up a few times) on the button side scale were not bad enough for me to return or complain in fear I wouldn't find another, anywhere. 3Knives have been out of stock forever (supposedly only 80 made, who knows?). I could tell it was brand new & sitting in stock for a while. Dark grease gunking up, prohibiting the full auto open until cleaned. Whippersnapper is correct. Sending things back is a PITA, and being the only one they had? Can't bare to part with it now. I don't mean to knock BladePlay. It was my first purchase from them. All in all, I'm pretty happy I got it, it's just a small part of me feels happy could be happier.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
georgyboy

Post by georgyboy »

at least it doesn't banana! i don't know if a frank b will be any better,probably made by same guy.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Cam from BP is a good guy and always cared about his products. When he started he would have a section of knives for sale that were not perfect ( as did Stu711) and would discount them. BP has grown into a larger business and his partner left with a new staff on board now. I haven't bought from them in years, but I would think they would still respond to complaints. I agree that sometimes they get stuck with poor quality items, but they should state that. SharperDeals often has better items by sellers showing the actual knife you get, but lately the normal guys have not been posting there....
lance

Post by lance »

I bought an aga campolin oval button camper w a fulcrum release,expencive 225/250.i unbox it depress the oval it goes wonky in the channel blade pops out halfway,..never works called B.P. 30 mins later told em what happened and i wanted a new knife...they said flat out KICK-ROCKS!!!
NO REFUNDS.
Wouldn't have brought it up.but i dont hlshop there no mo. .