SKM 4.5" mini stiletto

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Scotchman

SKM 4.5" mini stiletto

Post by Scotchman »

Hello everyone and I hope all is well. Anyway, does anyone here have any knives from SKM and what are your thoughts/input? I will be getting my very 1st SKM knife (4.5" dark horn swedge blade). Thanks.
whippersnapper

Re: SKM 4.5" mini stiletto

Post by whippersnapper »

I think it will be a fine little knife. Most of the small ones are actually made more like older stilettos. I believe it will have full brass liner on the back side bolster and also have D shaped cut outs for the button assembly.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Hi Scotchman. I know you said "will be getting", just wondering if 'ya saved any pics of it yet (adverts.?) Just checked 3Ks site for it. Noticed some SKMs are made by the Facca Family and some by Armando Beltrame. That's interesting...

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

JulesVane, no pics yet. Will post some when I get it. As of this writing, I have not recieved " item shipped" confirmation. Scott.
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

I ordered it from Blade Play. They also have the magic knife kits, if anyone is interested. I was going to get a kit at first, then decided that one already assembled and with real horn scales, would be better. (Quality). Some day I might get me a kit. Now if I can only find a Frank B. black scaled switchblade bottle opener ( not carbon/simulated, or simulated anything, just black plastic/acrylic) I would be happy.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Scotchman wrote:I ordered it from Blade Play. They also have the magic knife kits, if anyone is interested. I was going to get a kit at first, then decided that one already assembled and with real horn scales, would be better. (Quality). Some day I might get me a kit. Now if I can only find a Frank B. black scaled switchblade bottle opener ( not carbon/simulated, or simulated anything, just black plastic/acrylic) I would be happy.
They have them (Frank B bottle openers) on BladePlay. Just put that in the search area. 8.5" for $55.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

JulesVane, BladePlay has regular black acrylic scaled openers? All I can find is white marble, simulated carbon, and simulated Briar wood. (In stock).
Georgedbugge

Post by Georgedbugge »

I bought a black simulated horn 4.5" from Bladeplay about a year ago and I like it. Seems to be built just like its "big brothers" with brass liners, sliding safety, etc. My only quibble is the swivel bolster is pretty loose. That is, I can wiggle it back and forth a few millimeters, whether the blade is opened or closed. Haven't seen that on the 7" or 9" models. I know these are handmade, so I imagine some are tighter than others!
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

Thanks, Georgedbugge.