AGA Campolin Zero

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Re: AGA Campolin Zero

Post by hogwild »

Two things. I'd give $150 for it as is and the top bolster is facing the wrong direction. The thumb side when open should be curved back and the side with the cutting edge should be curved forward. All other stilettos are facing as I stated and with a reason. Still would give 150 for the apparent quality and construction. Nice to see a new take on the old design.
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
lance

Post by lance »

Look pretty cool,resembles a old french stiletto i have w a sliding button safety,and a mikoff reverse lever release assembly,id get one for the odd factor. Cool knife!!
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I like the looks and construction looks sturdy. $200 would be tough. I collect because of the "mythological" (for lack of a better word) aspect of the traditional Italian style and would have a hard time adding this piece to my display case. Can't help but want one of everything though!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
john

Post by john »

JulesVane wrote: ... Can't help but want one of everything though!
Me too :!:
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
douglip

Post by douglip »

Just ordered one. Will cmment after I get it in my hand and put it to use for awhile I did think about creating me scales for it. I have a forearm bone from a big black bear a friend bagged shortly before he passed away. It is increddibly dense and heavy. Might be a nice way to honer my friends last
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

These look nice, but I prefer something I can use (take a look at my recent purchases and you'll see). While these are impressive, They will probably return limited utility. If they re well-made, they could garner some artistic interest.

Ol' "practical pig" rides again. :roll:

p.s. The N690Co steel in the blades makes a substantial difference in my opinion. It will allow the blade to hold as good an edge as one of top-grade 440C steel. (Buck used a "top tier" 440C steel until 1981 when they changed to 420HC). If the blade geometry permits, this may make for a good cutting implement after all.
Fishtail Picklock