Switchblade Stiletto with screw blade pin.

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
David76

Re: Switchblade Stiletto with screw blade pin.

Post by David76 »

Hmm, I have a 9" superior Italy with a screw blade pin as well. Does anyone know if that's uncommon?
lance

Post by lance »

David76 wrote:Hmm, I have a 9" superior Italy with a screw blade pin as well. Does anyone know if that's uncommon?
Yes thats unusual i have a superior stiletto,its a beast.ive never seen one with a screw in the blade pin,unless its a knock off.
The stamp on the blade isn't on the tang,its on the blade going legnth-wise,.if its etched superior,its a knock off chinese knife.if its heavy knife w "superior" stamped into the blade.its a high quality newer italian company thats imo on par with duboi.
georgyboy

Post by georgyboy »

JimBrown257 wrote:I don't think I've ever heard of a faked AB stamp so I would guess your knife is a real one that had the original pivot taken out and someone put a screw in to replace it. Or an AB blade might have been put on a kit knife handle, in which case the handle might not be an actual Italian (though it could be a FB kit).

If you can post a pic, that would be helpful.
i i bought a phoney ab on gunbroker,it might have a screw
David76

Post by David76 »

lance wrote:
David76 wrote:Hmm, I have a 9" superior Italy with a screw blade pin as well. Does anyone know if that's uncommon?
Yes thats unusual i have a superior stiletto,its a beast.ive never seen one with a screw in the blade pin,unless its a knock off.
The stamp on the blade isn't on the tang,its on the blade going legnth-wise,.if its etched superior,its a knock off chinese knife.if its heavy knife w "superior" stamped into the blade.its a high quality newer italian company thats imo on par with duboi.
Trying to post a pic from iPhone but it's saying file is too large. Any ideas to help?
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

If you send me the pic at jtkreis@gmail.com I can shrink it and post it here.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

[/quote]
Trying to post a pic from iPhone but it's saying file is too large. Any ideas to help?[/quote]
Hi. I'm learning myself. As per the instructions on posting images. They say we can't use our PCs (or phones) to post pictures. It has to come from a public access site. I have used PhotoBucket. I'm certainly no pro yet. 1st, upload the pic to PhotoBucket, then choose the direct share. It should create a link to paste in your post. Someone else can tell you a LOT better than me, but I believe this to work.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Tarnow47

Post by Tarnow47 »

Its a fake.
I ordered a real one from a real dealer. Its very different.
The AB etching is larger on the copy, also bolsters are not stamped and are thicker
David76

Post by David76 »

JulesVane wrote:
Trying to post a pic from iPhone but it's saying file is too large. Any ideas to help?[/quote]
Hi. I'm learning myself. As per the instructions on posting images. They say we can't use our PCs (or phones) to post pictures. It has to come from a public access site. I have used PhotoBucket. I'm certainly no pro yet. 1st, upload the pic to PhotoBucket, then choose the direct share. It should create a link to paste in your post. Someone else can tell you a LOT better than me, but I believe this to work.[/quote]
Thanks Jules, I will have to try that. I sent them to Jim so he can post them . So basically it's supposed to be a 9"superior Italy but it has a screw pin in the top bolster, the blade is etched, not stamped and the red dot is painted. Oh and I got it from autoknife.com
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

"Oh and I got it from autoknife.com"
That explains a lot.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
David76

Post by David76 »

Bill DeShivs wrote:"Oh and I got it from autoknife.com"
That explains a lot.
Yeah I read the post from Elkabong and all the replies. I'm staying away from autoknife.com. They have no integrity . I've had good results with blade play and bladebid so any new site I go to I'm asking you guys first. I really need to be careful my wife and kids come first so I get like one knife a year!