Antique store find

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
young cutlery

Antique store find

Post by young cutlery »

Finally managed to find an auto at a antique store. Bullfighter knife, it's in okay condition , but I figured for 20 dollars it was a good deal, plus I was just happy to find an auto, plus I've always had a soft spot for cheaper vintage autos.
Attachments
IMG_8965.JPG
IMG_8965.JPG (619.58 KiB) Viewed 4308 times
IMG_8964.JPG
IMG_8964.JPG (670.25 KiB) Viewed 4308 times
IMG_8963.JPG
IMG_8963.JPG (848.8 KiB) Viewed 4308 times
Hell yeah brother
whippersnapper

Re: Antique store find

Post by whippersnapper »

Looks like you did real good for $20!
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Nice score, ever since my cousin showed me his bullfighter I have wanted one. As far as the cheap switchblades go it's my favorite.
I have posted this pic a dozen times but about two minutes after this pic was taken my older cousin flipped out his bullfighter and I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

We just got back from Tijuana that afternoon with three Rizzies, white one for my cousin and two black ones for my brother and I.
Can you tell which ones are from Missouri and which are from Los Angeles? :lol:
My older cousin standing on the left is the one with the bullfighter just like yours.
Attachments
rdtm01.jpg
rdtm01.jpg (208.07 KiB) Viewed 4294 times
rdtm02.jpg
rdtm02.jpg (194.26 KiB) Viewed 4294 times
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Great deal, and one of the rarer blade shapes for that knife!
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
big_slim

Post by big_slim »

Cool find, nice tang stamp and bayo blade, I would've bought that in a second!
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Great find and deal!
lance

Post by lance »

That was a Real good deal mann!! I have an extensive collection of these bullfighters,found an old busted one at a flea market,and when i discoverd the internet i couldent pass em up lol now i have 10-14 different types sizes.theres 3-5 diff.bladegrinds,almost as many different variations and sizes as rizzutos!!
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

Viking45 wrote:Nice score, ever since my cousin showed me his bullfighter I have wanted one. As far as the cheap switchblades go it's my favorite.
I have posted this pic a dozen times but about two minutes after this pic was taken my older cousin flipped out his bullfighter and I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

We just got back from Tijuana that afternoon with three Rizzies, white one for my cousin and two black ones for my brother and I.
Can you tell which ones are from Missouri and which are from Los Angeles? :lol:
My older cousin standing on the left is the one with the bullfighter just like yours.
Those were the glory days of TJ. Rolling thew customs and dropping off the pavement on to dirt roads and then the party began.
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

a very good deal for $20 bucks,a I like that Pink Floyd album, have seen them many times.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Most of them you see anymore have blade peaks great find and you stole it to boot. Robbery without a gun, HO! HO!
2024 candidate for president
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

That one has a really rare blade. Of the ~20 that I have had, I think only one or two had that blade. And if it sits that well with the spring in it, then it is in the best possible condition. There is also a crack through the middle of the front scale a lot of the time. I'd say you get 4x as much as you paid if you auctioned it.
young cutlery

Post by young cutlery »

rock-n-roll$$$$$$ wrote:a very good deal for $20 bucks,a I like that Pink Floyd album, have seen them many times.
My man! I was hoping someone would notice it.
Thank you all so much! I wasn't aware the boy-blade was rare, but looking back I don't know if I've seen one with it
Hell yeah brother
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I noticed the album just failed to comment. Wish You Were Here(75) and Meddle(71) are two of my favorite PF albums.
I would also mention David Gilmour is in my top 5 favorite guitarists of all time....in that top 5 would be Robin Trower, Tony Iommi, Ritchie Blackmore and Jimi Hendrix.
young cutlery

Post by young cutlery »

Viking45 wrote:I noticed the album just failed to comment. Wish You Were Here(75) and Meddle(71) are two of my favorite PF albums.
I would also mention David Gilmour is in my top 5 favorite guitarists of all time....in that top 5 would be Robin Trower, Tony Iommi, Ritchie Blackmore and Jimi Hendrix.
Absolutely agree about Gilmour! Always felt like he was underrated, to me every bit as good as Eddie Van Halen, but missed a lot of the hype.
I love your list, I would add Clapton somewhere.
In my humble opinion, Hendrix was the best guitar player that ever lived.
Hell yeah brother
young cutlery

Post by young cutlery »

Viking45 wrote:I noticed the album just failed to comment. Wish You Were Here(75) and Meddle(71) are two of my favorite PF albums.
But I suppose it's impossible to really decide, different styles and different tastes
Hell yeah brother