Found a Switch in the drywall - Need info

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Elijahpthomas

Found a Switch in the drywall - Need info

Post by Elijahpthomas »

Hello,

I recently purchased a house from an older Italian women, and during the remodeling I found a knife hidden in the drywall behind the refrigerator. The knife is a 13" Latama stilleto. So I called the women I purchased the home from, and she told me her husband bought the knife in 1950, and hid the knife due to the ban in the US a few years later.

I don't know anything about knives, and was hoping someone here could give me a bit more information on what this knife might be worth, if anything at all.

Here's a link to a few pictures of the knife.

https://m.imgur.com/TqTU6yN,dU5Tlra,3MXK7V4

Thanks,
Elijah
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Re: Found a Switch in the drywall - Need info

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

Sir,can you post a few more pix,btw glad to have you with us.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

her husband bought the knife in 1950, and hid the knife due to the ban in the US a few years later.
Lol, that seems like something of an over-reaction. I would definitely keep looking though those walls, though. You might find some Cuban cigars or Quaaludes.

That is a great knife, though. It would definitely go for $500 or more depending on the condition.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Glad to see you followed my guidance on Bladeforums...The knife is very valuable....
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Tom19176 wrote:Glad to see you followed my guidance on Bladeforums...The knife is very valuable....
Nonsense, JimBrown257 called it correctly. Don't get stars in your eyes. It is worth only what someone's willing to pay for it.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

when i redid my bathroom 7 years ago i dropped a switch in the wall, just one of those majic knife kits, BUTT, i put some steck blood on it first.....lol
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Dave??? I told the poster on BF to come here and ask the value. I think he would feel $500 or more ( what Jim stated) is very valuable ...so what is your issue with my comment???? Nonsense???!!! WTF?
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Tom19176 wrote:Dave??? I told the poster on BF to come here and ask the value. I think he would feel $500 or more ( what Jim stated) is very valuable ...so what is your issue with my comment???? Nonsense???!!! WTF?
Just that. With vintage knives going for thousands, I wouldn't say $500 is very valuable. You can spend that much on a production knife.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

The guy finds a knife in the wall, and ask about it. To NON KNIFE people he most likely thinks $500 is great news....Hey that is TWO NEW MEMBERS who posted with a question that you responded to with negative comments on their first post.....Great welcoming method....
lance

Post by lance »

I think thats an awesome score elijah, thats a hell of a story!!! And i would agree with the gentelmen on the forum,thats a small eared latama w/curisve stamp.
Very desireable to some collectors.id say shes worth 500.wich aint chump change.
If it were absolutely mint..not a scratch on it..or it was a flatgaurd.(flat "ears") it would be worth upwords of 1000.
Being what it is.shes worth a nice piece of change.enough to help ya put a nice new bathroom inyour house,or something to sock away for a rainy day.
Nice Score buddy!!