Bonsa trapdoor

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
picklocksrock

Re: Bonsa trapdoor

Post by picklocksrock »

Wow some really great rare trapdoor gems going on here! Very very cool.
“Tough times never last, but tough people do”
-Robert H. Shuller
georgegroot

Post by georgegroot »

Very unique blade. Very nice.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Here is an updated picture of the Bonsa OTFs.
Attachments
IMG_4507.JPG
IMG_4507.JPG (64.84 KiB) Viewed 3695 times
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
ColdEthyl

Post by ColdEthyl »

I couldn't resist...
IMG_2059 Large.jpeg
IMG_2059 Large.jpeg (356.42 KiB) Viewed 776 times

No minions found in second box - but that razor was in it! Ian's photo is better, but appear to be almost identical pieces!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Very nice knife! These were first made around 1954.
The reformed West German armed forces was in the market for a new paratrooper knife. Several companies developed OTF and gravity knives, hoping to acquire that contract. Most of the ones that were not selected offered their wares commercially.

Are you sure you and Gravknife are not related???
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

krhastie

Great pic of the Bonsa and rolls razor .these are really fine knives .Thanks so much for the repost, forgot about these older pictures,and freinds that commented .

Bill's awesome draw picture shows many of the types produced by Bonsa ,thats a fine collection sir. 8)

The Minion however is a bit harder to come by ,it was my daughters shampoo bottle on the side of my bath. :)

We are not related Bill ,but I like to think that " Great minds think alike" :)
Keep looking here krhastie ,there are some great old posts and you have some fine rare knives from your fathers collection to be proud of .

Hope your both well

Ian
ColdEthyl

Post by ColdEthyl »

gravknife wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:16 am krhastie

Great pic of the Bonsa and rolls razor .these are really fine knives .Thanks so much for the repost, forgot about these older pictures,and freinds that commented .

Bill's awesome draw picture shows many of the types produced by Bonsa ,thats a fine collection sir. 8)

The Minion however is a bit harder to come by ,it was my daughters shampoo bottle on the side of my bath. :)

We are not related Bill ,but I like to think that " Great minds think alike" :)
Keep looking here krhastie ,there are some great old posts and you have some fine rare knives from your fathers collection to be proud of .

Hope your both well

Ian
I just couldn't bear it! It was so ironic that the razor set materialized in this box! Thx for sharing.
ColdEthyl

Post by ColdEthyl »

Bill DeShivs wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:35 pm I have several different Bonsa OTFs. There was a smaller model with a more rounded handle. The smaller model was kept in production by Robert Klaas after acquisition of Bonsa. The Klaas model was painted, rather than chrome plated. I'll try to dig out some pictures.
I think the last one with the gold-ish look is spectacular, Mr.D! Beautiful.