Stiletto Siciliano

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Scotchman

Stiletto Siciliano

Post by Scotchman »

I came across a site ( don't remember what site ), and someone had a knife they were selling and I only remember that the description said "blade stamped Stiletto Siciliano, and it was made in Italy". I am curious as to the maker/origin. Does anyone know? Thanks. Scott
Tom19176

Re: Stiletto Siciliano

Post by Tom19176 »

That stamp was added in the 1990s in the US by a dealer. Adams Int'l sold them and a few others. Mostly Frank B made models, but could have been other Italian makers at the time too as I said it was added by a dealer....
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

A lot of those stilettos that say "Stiletto" across the blade are actually Asian cheapos. The seller will often believe it is Italian because it is an Italian stiletto model but they are not really Italian. Here is one that just says "stiletto" but I think some of them say "Stiletto Siciliano":
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=24641

There are also some very rare Rizzutos that have "Stiletto Italiano" stamped across the blade. Sellers often think those are Italian made but they are really Japanese.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I have never seen an Asian one with the Stiletto Siciliano writing, but I have seen a few hundred real Italian ones marked with it. I agree the one word Stiletto has been marked on Asian ones. A picture of the knife would tell all. The one in the link posted for sale is clearly an Asian model.
stiletto39

Post by stiletto39 »

Stiletto Siciliano's were made by Frank B, and sold from Adams International Knifeworks in the 80's & 90's. I still have a couple in my collection.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Yes Barry Adams sold them in the 90s and he is the one who told me there was a US dealer that marked them that way. I did see a few other sell them back then too.....