Molise Knife Lelle Floris

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Sardinian Knives

Molise Knife Lelle Floris

Post by Sardinian Knives »

Molise knife for self-defense; created by Lelle Floris whose origin dates back to the early 800s and from the parts of Campobasso and Frosolone. As you can see the dimensions of the knife are notable when compared to the hands of an adult. Once opened, it exceeds 36 cm and illustrates its aggressiveness. The blade is equipped with a second cutting edge that also enables the use of the tip as well as for cutting, and the handle is made of ram's horn. The blade ends with a coupling pin, which is inserted in the head of the retaining spring that allows the blade to remain locked in the open position, and the handle ends with a classical “S” guard that doesn’t allow the hand to slide toward the blade during the use of the knife in the penetration phase, thus avoiding injuring the person holding the knife. To open the blade, the knife should be held in a way so as not to give resistance to the exit of the blade from the handle and, at the same time, the button housed on the outside of the cheek must be pressed (this is more agile for right-handers). Unlike knives built in Maniago, the bracket that leads from the button opening to the hole in the blade is external and not concealed within the handle. This particularity allows us to create very thin knives, even in the face of substantial sizes in length. A thin knife could be easily concealed under clothing, placed in special pockets sewn on the inside of tabards or jackets. By pressing the button opening, the hook at the end of the bracket rises and frees the blade, which by means of the spring assist, is quickly expelled outwards, allowing the opening of the knife with one hand. It should be noted that unlike other switchblade knives this model is not equipped with a safety...a truly aggressive small object.
sammy the blade

Re: Molise Knife Lelle Floris

Post by sammy the blade »

Pictures?
2024 candidate for president
john

Post by john »

Great looking knives!
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
DonC

Post by DonC »

I'm really happy with mine. Got it about a year ago. Very good quality workmanship, fit and finish. I prefer the non-polished metal as I feel it's more in keeping with the overall appearance of the piece.
DonC

ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

The ram scales and escutcheon plate are really cool. Glad you found the right one, Don, and I can sure appreciate why that one floated your boat. Great knife!
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
john

Post by john »

Hi Don,
WOW! Your knife is awesome. Is it a 33cm?
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Awesome i love your knives , i really like the 34cm "prioletta" late 1800's style with aged metal look , they are soooooo cool, one of these days i will be adding one to my collection :) . keep up the good work we love your knives .
DonC

Post by DonC »

John:
It's a 34cm. I have to display it in my "oversize" tray because it sits at an odd angle with my other 33's.
DonC
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Absolutely magnificent knives .
I remember Dons first time around ,and saw Dave (Ils) ,post one recently with the prioletta knives.
I think these are one of the most stylish looking switchblades ive seen and I love the old world build quality and detail.
Are these still available?
Last year I looked and they were all sold out.

Gravknife
DonC

Post by DonC »

Lelle Floris' knives come up periodically on the Sharper Deals Auction.
DonC
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

gravknife wrote:Absolutely magnificent knives .
I remember Dons first time around ,and saw Dave (Ils) ,post one recently with the prioletta knives.
I think these are one of the most stylish looking switchblades ive seen and I love the old world build quality and detail.
Are these still available?
Last year I looked and they were all sold out.

Gravknife
They're sort of perpetually sold out. Whenever they produce one Antonio (Sardinian Knives) posts it on the forum and then the auction. They repeat a sort of canned description with almost no variation, regardless of variety in individual knives. Don waited around for a year to get the one he wanted. They also normally get only one bid, the opener, and then the knife sells. They don't take orders or special requests.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."