Hubertus leverlocks as EDC ?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Luke_of_Mass

Hubertus leverlocks as EDC ?

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

Greetings,

I am wondering if anybody here has any advice on how well Hubertus Leverlocks hold up to EDC (ab)use? I am talking about their modern production leverlocks, nothing vintage/super valuable, of course...

I just got burned my third and final time by an AKC investment and luckily bladeplay was cool enough to take it back, but to avoid a restocking fee I opted for store credit so... now I've gotta buy something! :P :oops: :oops: :roll: :lol:
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
sammy the blade

Re: Hubertus leverlocks as EDC ?

Post by sammy the blade »

A good edc through bladeplay could be a boker AK 47.
2024 candidate for president
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I carried one of the small Hubertus leverlocks for a few years. I never had any problems. Just make sure you blow the pocket fuzz out occasionally. There have been a few issues with some springs breaking. That could be from stuff getting under the spring or the springs working their way forward, or even bad heat treat.

There is word the newer small ones might not be made in Germany. Read this recent thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... t=hubertus
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

EDC a Hubertus?

Definitely. It's a pocketknife though so, use accordingly. I won't recount it in this post but my Hubertus carry story is detailed pretty well in the 'Hubertus Safari Club' thread. I'd say give it a shot.
Midnight Drums

Post by Midnight Drums »

I occasionally carry a Hubertus Guardian.
I bought one that was previously carried, and needed a spring replacement.

I sent it to Bill DeShivs, he replaced the spring and polished it up.

Great knife for carry and general use.

I have a number of Guardians including the limited edition one, with the flags on the blade.

Those are all mint, so i wanted a used one that I wouldn't be worried about damaging.

Good quality!
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

I have carried a few of mine over the years, mostly the smaller ones, with no issues.

Jim
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Luke_of_Mass wrote:Greetings,

I am wondering if anybody here has any advice on how well Hubertus Leverlocks hold up to EDC (ab)use? I am talking about their modern production leverlocks, nothing vintage/super valuable, of course...

I just got burned my third and final time by an AKC investment and luckily bladeplay was cool enough to take it back, but to avoid a restocking fee I opted for store credit so... now I've gotta buy something! :P :oops: :oops: :roll: :lol:
the older Hubertus knives are good EDC but not so sure about new ones , ive sold several leverlettos to guys that work in factories and they love them , a few of the guys ground the guards off so easier to get in an out of pocket but it is a great knife for every day use , the guys that bought the knives bought them over 5 years ago and are still using them to this day . you should really check out AKC little leverlock and their slimline model which is same as a leverletto but without the guards, for the money AKC leverlocks cannot be beat but i tell you what have you seen the Russian leverlocks ? they are bad ass and super hi quality almost all stainless steel (liners,blade,bolsters, lever,pins) are all stainless steel and the springs are very powerful , i think the russian would make a great EDC just like the AKC or Hubertus its really up to you what you like or fits your pocket the best . hope this helps :) . Thanks Bernie
( FOLGORE KNIVES USA )