Frank B. limited edition

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Scotchman

Frank B. limited edition

Post by Scotchman »

Greetings everyone. I am hoping to get a Frank B. limited edition stiletto, and wanted to know if there is much difference between that, and a regular production knife (other than having laser etching)? So what I'm asking, is the quality better? Thanks Scott
sammy the blade

Re: Frank B. limited edition

Post by sammy the blade »

I always thought for a non custom the frank b. were a little nicer but I've had some with liner gaps and pins a little high but these knives are all hand assembled and everyone has a bad day. All on all I prefered Franks knives, I won one on auction from Rick once that I couldn't find a flaw on it. We all get lucky sometimes.
2024 candidate for president
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

The two I have now have gaps and I believe the one I had years ago, had gaps as well. Gaps don't bother me. Anyway Sammy, do you have any Frank B. limited editions?
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

No, I don't have any.
2024 candidate for president
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Hi the Frank B Limited Edition picklocks are little better quality than his regular stilettos, on the picklocks the brass liners are full cut and they have real nickel/silver bolsters that are soldered to liners and made in limited editions .
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

There is one on the SD auction right now. Also, you do realize that the 11" Walt's Latamas are made by Frank? The 13's are Renzo Pascutto. I've always found the Campolin/Pascutto's to be nicer than Frank's, and to command a price accordingly.

I also sent you a PM.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

Thanks everyone. I would love to have the high end knives, but, I can't afford them. I am not having very good luck finding limited editions within my price range. Thankfully, I have a really good girlfriend that helps me out and I pay her back.
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

To be more specific, the knife I want is an 11" stiletto, with what looks like bolster release, no end bolster/pommel, dark horn, (I like dark horn) bayonet blade, If I'm not mistaken, and is limited edition. There's not much description on it.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

Tom19176 that's not it. The one I found is laser etched, limited edition.
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

And higher in price, but, thanks. Scott
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I was trying to see if that was the style more than the exact model......IS the style correct?
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

Tom, yes.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

That's a great question/topic. I have a 9" Frank B- Bayo blade, abalone scales and filework. Some places I've looked had this exact same knife listed as "limited edition" and even laser etched as such (like 1 out of 40,60,80 made). But, mine only says Frank B. Not sure what the "limited edition" really means.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

JulesVane wrote:That's a great question/topic. I have a 9" Frank B- Bayo blade, abalone scales and filework. Some places I've looked had this exact same knife listed as "limited edition" and even laser etched as such (like 1 out of 40,60,80 made). But, mine only says Frank B. Not sure what the "limited edition" really means.
Unless numbered, Limited Edition really has no meaning. The number produced could be very low...or very high. A marketing device pure and simple.