Russian Prison Knife!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Frankie

Russian Prison Knife!

Post by Frankie »

Hello everyone,
I've been collecting knives for a few years now so i'm still a newbie.Thanks to Michaelz for posting these unique knives, got one packaged nicely in a box with online tracking in about 10 days. Looks like it is hand crafted very unique knife, high polished with beautiful shine, blade feels very strong for thin cut blade knife is 9" with 4" blade, holds an excellent edge, It was very sharp already so I didn't even have to sharpen it, it has a very smooth and shiny handle as you can see in the pictures, fits my hands just perfect, firm grip, It is not thick in the hands like some of the Italian made ones. Weight is ideal for EDC but I made this, one of my favorite click therapy knifes :D for a good reason; this Russian knife is build solid and tight that action sounds like a gator jaw snap ! Mechanical clunk is unlike any of my others! It's a push open - push fold which makes it much easier to fold.
Over all, I'm very satisfied with this Russian knife and will be looking forward to Michaelz next postings to find another unique and quality knife like this.

Frankie
Attachments
IMG_1840.JPG
IMG_1840.JPG (102.3 KiB) Viewed 5010 times
IMG_1841.JPG
IMG_1841.JPG (110.45 KiB) Viewed 5010 times
IMG_1845.JPG
IMG_1845.JPG (85.65 KiB) Viewed 5010 times
IMG_1842.JPG
IMG_1842.JPG (116.76 KiB) Viewed 5010 times
Last edited by Frankie on Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: Russian Prison Knife!

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Nice knife!
But that's not stag- it's plastic.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Frankie,

Nice knife. I like what comes from the Russian Prison population. Perhaps you can have Bill DeShivs put some real stag on it.
Fishtail Picklock
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Fishtail Picklock,

Thank you

I like the red and white combo on this one but I do have a buck 110 that I would consider replacing.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Those prison knives are really nice from what I've seen posted and no unhappy buyers that I've heard of so far. I'll be surprised if some of the talent here doesn't start using some of the designs. I'm hoping someone here makes something similar but it won't be had at the price the originals are going for. Darn it.
2024 candidate for president
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

sammy the blade wrote:Those prison knives are really nice from what I've seen posted and no unhappy buyers that I've heard of so far. I'll be surprised if some of the talent here doesn't start using some of the designs. I'm hoping someone here makes something similar but it won't be had at the price the originals are going for. Darn it.
The ones I have would take a great deal of effort to duplicate. I will probably incorporate some of the design features, but almost never the whole cloth. I have a source for some of the elaborate ornamentation, but as you say, prices have gone up markedly in the last five decades.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
john

Post by john »

Wicked cool knife!!! I like the red/white plastic scales. Nice design!
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
lance

Post by lance »

Nice knife Ive gotten 5/6 from michale,and ive never been disappointed yet!! I had heard rumors of cccp prisoners makeing switchblade knives in prison..unfathomable to westerners..and it was certainly a feather in my cap to own several examples of such well made knifes.
I just purchased a keychain switchblade from hin today.and I will surely buy more in the future.
My russian grail knife is the elusive Ak 47 model,supposedly made from parts of the solviet machine gun.Great knife!! Thanks for sharing!!
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

I got a knife from Michaelz a few weeks ago and I love it. It is really solid, much thicker and well-built than you would think from the pics.
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Thanks guys! I think my next one is going to be very nice too, I'll share that one as well.
NicVik6

Post by NicVik6 »

Very nice! Michaelz is the man!!
spindizzy

Post by spindizzy »

I really like it.

How is the guard? Does it sit decently solid or wiggle a lot in the open position? How is the bladeplay?
georgyboy

Post by georgyboy »

i got one from mike thats this ones big bro.it feels like a fixed blade when open,N0 movement in guard or blade!!!
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Spindizzy,

Guard is tight, no wiggle. Blade also tight and sits decent.