Help with a switchblade

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Sini36

Help with a switchblade

Post by Sini36 »

Hi,
I inherited a knife and I opened it by pushing the button and it sprang open. Now I have no idea how to close it. Kinda embarrassing and I thought about going to a pawn shop or some Knife store but don't want to pull out this open Knife. Ok and I tried placing a picture but the file is too large. Jeeze I'm feeling dumber by the minute. It is a Rizzuto Estileto I read on the board where these are mostly the counterfeit ones but nobody mentioned how to close the dang thing. Help please
Luke_of_Mass

Re: Help with a switchblade

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

post a picture, if it's a swivel bolster, there are a lot of diagrams and videos out there showing how to close it. I'll link a video below.

If it's a picklock, you pull on the little oval that the blade locks into.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agldVAOCWZk
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

If it is a Rizzuto like you say in your post you should be able to push the button and it should fold closed.
DonC

Post by DonC »

You tube video on several of the more common closing mechanisms/methods.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITR9qeLVxt4
DonC
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

A Rizzuto Estileto will close by pushing same button that opened the knife . hope this helps :)
wicollector

Post by wicollector »

your Rizzuto could have a broken button if you press the button down and it doesn't unlock the blade . unfortunately a common problem with these .
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

I'm guessing your rocker broke because there is simply no way to get confused by a Rizzuto.

And Rizzutos aren't actually counterfeit. It's that they aren't the Italian made knives many people believe them to be. They are mostly Japanese made but some of them are Korean (those ones say "Korea" on them) and a few of them are Taiwanese (these ones don't say Rizzuto on the blade but they are considered to be Rizzutos).