Federal switchblade act repeal

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Panzerfaust

Federal switchblade act repeal

Post by Panzerfaust »

Found this on the Knife Rights Facebook page this morning.
http://www.kniferights.org/index.php?op ... 6&Itemid=1
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: Federal switchblade act repeal

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Everyone should be a member of Knife Rights.
Even if you're not, you should send a few bucks.
They have done more for knife collectors/users than anyone.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
john

Post by john »

Hi Matt,
I got an email from KnifeRights yesterday, but I didn't have the time to post the link. I want to thank you for getting it up on the site. I hope all the members will see it. And hopefully like Bill said if you're not a member send a few bucks. They fight for our knife rights and have defended knife owners and won, over turned old outdated knife laws and now they're going to try to abolish the 1958 switchblade act. They're working hard for us.
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
javacupper

Post by javacupper »

The bill number for the Knife Owners Protection Act is HB84. My representative is a co-sponsor of the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act. I have talked to her interns both last week and this week to thank her and suggest that she co-sponsor KOPA as well. I will follow up with a brief email next week. I have talked to a number of politicians who suggest they pay most attention to calls and emails that are congenial as well as short and to the point. They also suggest that regular contact (10 times a year for example) tends to breed familiarity which also tends to lend more credibility to your messages.

Btw, I have talked to Doug Ritter at KnifeRights about this bill. Because of the administration change, hearings and the existing legislative load in congress, Doug does not expect any action on this bill for some time. What is important now and on which KnifeRights is working is lining up co-sponsors of the bill and drumming up support among the legislators for when they do start to take action on it. Contacting your representative to co-sponsor and support the bill does make a difference as does finding acquaintances who will do the same!
The only thing I take seriously in life is death but I haven't gotten there yet!Image
john

Post by john »

Hello Javacupper,
Excellent suggestion! I'll get in touch with my legislators.
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Been a long time, java. Good to see you and thanks much for the info.
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

when I saw this post I attempted to join knife rights because I believe in supporting organizations that fight for causes I believe in. I encountered an error when joining so the transaction didn't go through I tried calling leaving messages, once even talked to a guy (didn't write down a name) who took my name and number and said someone would call. never happened I was disappointed because like I said I believe in supporting causes I agree with maybe somebody on this forum knows somebody who could get the ball rolling again if not oh well I tried giving them my money