bradley skipper

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: bradley skipper

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I believe he was arrested for shooting (at?) his girlfriend. It's been a while.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Damn, I read the obit, and wondered if it's the same guy. Never pictured him looking like that, even though it's obviously an old photo. Thought he would be an overweight bald guy with lots of hair coming out his nose and ears. The obituary also stated he was pretty well educated, another surprise to me. They didn't mention cause of death; stab wounds maybe? Nothing on his being the imaginary king of switchbladeland either.

I have to say, I got a good deal from him. I bought an 11" Italian knife with the WBS etch and the unique bayonet blade grind. It has horn scales, and is mechanically very good. I like it a lot; maybe the notoriety associated with it makes it interesting to me.

Milu and Benkeii were in the thick of it back then, as was I. I wonder what happened to those guys.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Milu disappearing always bothered me. He was a long time moderator here and just vanished. I have tried many times to email him without luck. I think he was from somewhere in Europe, wasn't he?
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Yes, he was in Italy. I thought he had a lot of class and miss him here on the forum. Maybe he gave up on us after the Teddy's fiasco?

Wow! I just looked at my "joined" date. 13 years; didn't realize it's been so long. A lot of people have passed through here.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

tr4252 wrote:
Wow! I just looked at my "joined" date. 13 years; didn't realize it's been so long. A lot of people have passed through here.

Tom
Me too ...Time flies when yer havein' fun , huh ? :lol:

Rondog
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Jesse/Magnum is another member that's disappeared too. I know he went to Italy with Skipper and problems were soon to follow, pretty much buried Skipper in the knife business.
2024 candidate for president
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Sadly, I was lucky with the timing of all this. I actually spoke with him shortly after he arrived on our scene. He was living in N.C. at the time, about 80 miles East of me. We discussed a trip to Germany to research old German leverlocks and co-author a book analogous to Switchblades of Italy. Then my father became ill and spent weekends going to Md. to clean out the house with my siblings and sell it. Then my father passed away. The result of all this was that I didn't have much time or enthusiasm for knives, so I missed most of the action.

Jim
georgyboy

Post by georgyboy »

Rotten to the core,b.and s.(b.s.?)were,i also got ripped off - unfortunately for him i had sent him a p.m.o. in payment for an order that he didn't ship,the feds call that mail fraud,i aught to have turned him in-like he would have done,i did have the money order traced,and found that he DID receive it.
The one good thing that came out of the whole mess is it made the guys in maniago stand up and take notice that there were folks who were willing to pay extra for high quality craftsmanship and materials G.
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

Wow!! That was quite the time warp!! Old times, good and bad. It's nice to see some old friends names. :D
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Nick - good to see you post - hope all is well with you.

Jim
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Yeah, good to see you're still kicking!
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

horizonod wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:03 pm Wow!! That was quite the time warp!! Old times, good and bad. It's nice to see some old friends names. :D
You should check in more often, glad to see you're still above ground and not pushing up daisies.
2024 candidate for president