FRANK BELTRAME does not offer refund or replacement

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
METALGOD

FRANK BELTRAME does not offer refund or replacement

Post by METALGOD »

Hi all just a friendly heads up if you order knives from Frank Beltrame dont expect any kind of refund or replacement if knives are lost or stolen, recently a friend ordered some knives which never made it to his home ,tracking was sent by sara 21 days after package was sent, so the knives were sent with ( no tracking, no insurance , no signature confirmation) but somehow he has to take the 600 dollar loss , Frank Beltrame will not refund or replace knives at any cost , my friend even told them split the difference 50/50 so just send 6 knives to replace 11 knives and he gets no response from them they claim its not their fault package is lost or stolen so if you deal with this company be aware they offer no insurance do not offer a refund or replacment and will argue with you that its not their problem . my friend said if he had known the knives would be sent without tracking,insurance, or signature confirmation he would have never ordered from them .
omega

Re: FRANK BELTRAME does not offer refund or replacement

Post by omega »

I'm real sorry to hear this. Its not consistent with my prior dealings with FB or Sara, his daughter. I wonder if this was the buyer's first order with FB, or if he was a repeat customer?

My only prior complaint dealing with FB had to do delayed shipping on an order and/or getting them to confirm a tracking number. That said, the order DID arrive on time. And this was a while ago. :(
john

Post by john »

Hi Bernie,
I believe Angelo has the same policy. If his package does not make it to your door; it's not his problem. It's yours. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Awhile back ,four or five years ago, when there was a huge problem getting packages of Italy, people who had packages is in transit and never got their knives had no recourse. Angelo had no sympathy whatsoever for loyal customers who did not receive their package. Once the package leaves this plant it's no long his responsibility.
As I said please correct me if I'm wrong.
I hope I am.
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

I had heard that Angelo shipped $13,000 worth of knives to a well-known seller just prior to the Blade show, and which were confiscated. I think his company had to absorb that loss.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
omega

Post by omega »

Sounds like AGA could be dealt with, perhaps on a case-by-case basis. I recall the old SKM/Maber policy, wherein if a shipment was lost to customs orherwise didn't make it and confiscation was assumed, they would reship the order -ONE- time at their risk. If it still didn't get there, SKM ate it, but would not reship anything to the customer, except at customer's total risk., exspecially if the destination county was known to seize stuff and the buyer provided proof that this had occurred.

But we're all guessing here as to the circumstances. I know there are spots like Canada and Illinois I just *REFUSE* tp ship to, unless the buyer assumes all risk of loss. The limited facts supplied don't address confiscation-prone borders and carriers, but one has to wonder if this shipment was comprised of seizure-likely items. Could be USC snagged it and the paperwork just hasn't caught up to the shipper and the receiver yet? That's a whole new kind of Pain-in-the-ASS to deal with.

The third scenario addresses parcel theft, misdelivery, etc at the hands on non-customs personell. Then becomes a FREIGHT CLAIM. THE SHIPPER - FB, is the party responsible for initiating the claim process, as it is the shipper is the once contracting for the shipping and remains on the hook until the product(s) are delivered.

The good new here is that some of this stuff shows up, providing USC didn't snag it. Sometimes damaged, pilfered, etc...

Edited to remove detailed discussion of custom's issues. These pages can be read by anyone. natcherly

In this case, the buyer needs to go back to FB to state his grievence in writing. Frank's daughter Sara has taken over much of the day to day dealings with orders. She reads/write English quite well. Perhaps a politely worded email to FRANK would help. Sara will have to translate it to him. His vision of customer service might be a bit broader than what Sara perceives it to be. One never knows.

Good Luck :)
Midnight Drums

Post by Midnight Drums »

I once ordered a knife from Renzo Beltrame.
It disappeared after he shipped it.
His email said it was shipped.

I finally got an email from him that it was returned to him by whom ever snagged it, and he reshipped it....
It was in our country when the reshippment tracking number was sent to me.

Edited to remove details of custom's issues. These pages can be read by anyone. natcherly

It took 6 months to receive it from the original order date.

Mike
omega

Post by omega »

Oops! Sorry Mr. Natcherly about my discussion of customs' issues. Thanks for catching that - had head up ass at the time. :)
omega

Post by omega »

Sounds like re-ship policies may be changing in Maniago. Might be good for the shippers to restate their current policies on their websites. Most of this would be a non-issue for us had Big Tiny & Tiny Jr. not decided to croak on us a while back. How inconsiderate! I loved those guys! :)

Edit: And while they're at it, perhaps some discussion about exchanges due to defects, ie banana blades, excessive peeking, etc.. SKM used to have a category on their site for their 2nds; "Cheap Switchblades" - or something similar. Nowadays, "When it Doubt, Ship it out," seems to be the operative rule here.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

omega wrote:.. SKM used to have a category on their site for their 2nds; "Cheap Switchblades" - or something similar. Nowadays, "When it Doubt, Ship it out," seems to be the operative rule here.
When I first started collecting, i bought a couple of the SKM "Cheap Switchblades". They were not seconds and they actually were not bad. They just were not made by SKM or any of the Maber cutlers. I don't think "seconds" is a concept embraced by many in Maniago. If it is assembled, it ships.
john

Post by john »

When I first started buying from SKM's site I tried their "Low-Cost" stiletto. I found it to be perfectly acceptable. As good or better than a higher-priced knife.
Last edited by john on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Hi guys all the good companies in Italy ship with (tracking, signature confirmation, insurance) , for some reason Frank Beltrame does not so if you lose package your out dont expect them to help in any kinda way they will tell you o well sorry its your loss not ours . the complaint my friend had is sara Franks daughter sent the tracking 21 days after package was sent so how was he supposed to know when package was going to arrive , tracking shows package was delivered but my friend did not receive it, package was also sent without signature or insurance but my friend has to take the complete loss no help from FB not even a partial refund or replacement. also money was sent as gift so no recourse on that either, email was sent to keep peace and ask them to split difference so my friend is out 11 knives but he will settle for just 5 or 6 but no sorry your loss and dont contact us anymore is all he gets . to me whole thing dont sound right (money sent as gift, no tracking, no signature, no insurance ) the buyer had no coverage at all in case something happens which did. just warning everyone , i have to agree if this is way they ship they should alert people either on site or up front before they order.
Georgedbugge

Post by Georgedbugge »

So sorry to hear about your friend's package going AWOL. Just curious,does "money sent as gift" refer to an electronic payment system?

I'm really surprised FB would send a package overseas without signature confirmation, insurance, etc.

Take care,

George
omega

Post by omega »

Georgedbugge wrote: Just curious,does "money sent as gift" refer to an electronic payment system?
Sure sounds like it. PaySatan's "Friends & Family" probably.

I NEVER do business that way with Italy. It's kind of a pain, but the OLD way seems to work best:

a) Confirm order total w/shipping.
b) FedX an International Bank Money Order drawn on a major US Bank.

Most of the banks there seem to accept them like a cash deposit, so the recipient can draw on it immediately.
hwevers

Post by hwevers »

First time poster here.

How often does this happen w/Frank B. shipments. Have any of the larger dealers run across this?

Howard
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

hwevers wrote:First time poster here.

How often does this happen w/Frank B. shipments. Have any of the larger dealers run across this?

Howard
Hi Howard not sure how often this happens im guessing not much or possibly just never talked about . my friend was a larger dealer for Frank for almost 20 years but not anymore as who wants to do (unprofessional) business like that . you would think a 20 year relationship with Frank would mean something but nope they told him its not their problem and do not contact them ever again, my friend is in total disbelief that they would treat a customer this way who has known them for 20 years.