A few of mine............

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
kris_kross

Re: A few of mine............

Post by kris_kross »

That is truly a stunning collection, thanks for sharing!
DonC

Post by DonC »

Great looking collection and display. First time I've seen a file worked mini.
Nice job.
DonC
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Marvelous!
Fishtail Picklock
Vagabund

Post by Vagabund »

very nice variety of knives
Rey Zhourej

Post by Rey Zhourej »

DonC wrote:Great looking collection and display. First time I've seen a file worked mini.
Nice job.
DonC
Thank you sir. I did the file work on it when I first picked it up.A few of my other knives I practiced on as well. Probably hurt the resale value but it isn't a problem as I don't sell knives I get.
AMDAZ

Post by AMDAZ »

Great collection. Nice vintage wood chest.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

You may have more knives than Dave Sause! I'm sure we haven't seen all of his yet, hint hint.
2024 candidate for president
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

sammy the blade wrote:You may have more knives than Dave Sause! I'm sure we haven't seen all of his yet, hint hint.
Patience, I do have to do other stuff.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

Amazing collection you have accumulated. I love what you did with the tool chest.
What is the tang stamp on the large pick lock on the very right in the very top photo?
What about the larger pick lock with the file work on the blade?
Rey Zhourej

Post by Rey Zhourej »

Jackalope wrote:Amazing collection you have accumulated. I love what you did with the tool chest.
What is the tang stamp on the large pick lock on the very right in the very top photo?
What about the larger pick lock with the file work on the blade?
I believe those are the same knife and if I recall correctly it is stamped,"R.J.Richter Italy" I'll double check it and post tomorrow. The chest is an old typographer's chest that my wife bought me for my 50th birthday. Prior to that I had knives stored in old suitcases;wallpaper display boxes(converted with foam),and old cassette cases. Much to her dismay I filled it up rather quickly.
Since then I have acquired quite a few old wooden machinists' tool chests;re-built them if necessary;re-lined them with new felt and use them to store a lot of knives.I like them better than the metal ones as they aren't as affected by temperature changes and a few dessicant bags in the drawers(changed every few months)keep moisture to a minimum. The temperature and humidity are pretty well controlled in the house anyway.
lance

Post by lance »

You've got a he'll of a collection here,Im really intrested in some of the picklocks ya got too,and is that an unstamped wasp body flat gaurd towards the end of the single pictures? Very choice!!
Your into weird old letter openers? P.m me your adress I have one that's pretty cool and I have no use for it.
I'd like to see it inow a nice collection where it belongs,.
I need to figure out a better way to store my stuff.I keep em In knife rolls,inside pelican cases,it's effective but I have to go through a huge process to get em out and enjoy em.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

I was travelling and missed this thread the first time around. Wow, your collection is outstanding, wide ranging variety of knives with some really fascinating pieces. You probably need another case....
Rey Zhourej

Post by Rey Zhourej »

natcherly wrote:I was travelling and missed this thread the first time around. Wow, your collection is outstanding, wide ranging variety of knives with some really fascinating pieces. You probably need another case....
Funny you should say that as I actually found another one that was nearly identical laying along the side of the road. It only had two drawers left in it but was in pretty reasonable shape. I contacted a friend of mine who is a retired cabinet maker about making some drawers for it(it needs twenty of them)but he said the cost would be prohibitive.
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Sounds like he won't work for free, even for a friend, and he really didn't feel like building your drawers anyway.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
Rave

Post by Rave »

DAAAANNNNGGGG!!!!
I am impressed! :!: :!: :D