Hellraiser knife

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
gravknife

Re: Hellraiser knife

Post by gravknife »

Thanks wicollector
Ill sort it this end.
Its really good of you to offer your services for postage costs.Thanks for that mate.
It has to stay in England as there are few here and when importing from the US the british customs are looking at every item to add VAT. this leads to switch discoveries IMHO.
Im a knife repair virgin but I will look after the knife,I wish there was a British mangler ,plenty of knifemakers here but mention a switch and you may aswell of farted in a smallroom the faces they pull.
Take care Wicollector
Ian
PS
Have you got one of these knives?
wicollector

Post by wicollector »

I've had some through the years but no longer own any .it should be a pretty simple operation for you to take on without having to worry about losing your knife . take care wi-collector
lance

Post by lance »

What happened to the swingaurd on this one? I love these shoot all the Spanish stilelletos are beautiful.I have a couple still have my eyes peeled for the mini version
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

I Bought it this way lance.
If it had its swingguard I wouldnt have paid so little,as I think many would have known what it was.
It was just described as a spanish knife with systeme.
I saw the swingguard hole and jumped on it .
It was very reasonable ,i think the guards would have upped it a lot.
I know they look much better with the guards and ill post it when they are on it,im just still learning about fixing these knives and want to get it right.
I like the Spanish switches lance can you post some pictures here of your examples.
Thanks
Ian
peter44

Post by peter44 »

Looks good Ian ! Nice and pointy ! Order some guards for it and pin them on with brass pinstock , as brass is easy to work. if you dont get it quite right you can start over . Once youve peened the pin if they are too tight you can carefully file it off with a mini diamond file . Just be patient and pretend your mending a Rolex !
Guns for show, knives for a pro!
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

gravknife wrote: It was just described as a spanish knife with systeme.
Lol, the Royale with Cheese knife.

But that is a great knife. Mine has the Inox stamp and the lighter colored scales. It seems like the unstamped ones always have the darker scales. In the pic, you can see mine on the bottom and a darker one which was here a while ago on the top.

The guards aren't hard to do at all. In fact, if you get some 1/16" steel and a file, you can probably make some of your own with a few tries.
Attachments
zf 015.JPG
zf 015.JPG (90.58 KiB) Viewed 5565 times
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Thanks Peter
Ill give it a go .Just busy with things at home,daughters been off 2 weeks and its 6 weeks soon. :shock:
Its time I lack ,i tend to rush things and switchblade repair just cant be rushed as you say treat it like Rolex repair. :)
Jimbrown :lol: didnt see that one...."its the little differences over there ,like when knife buying, you wanna order a hellraiser its "le spanish knife de systeme" :)
Thanks for posting the picture mate,they look great with guards,a totally different animal,and for the explanation on the unmarked examples ie darker scale colour.Its the first time ive seen 2 together.
I always wondered was there 2 runs of this knife .The PAT. No.on the INOX examples is like ive seen on my Spanish contract otf and others from Spain,could the unmarked have been made unofficially in another part of Spain ,South of France ?I know they are size and material wise nearly identical.
Its just speculation and I know we will never really know.Its just like many switches, for such a popular knife there isnt much to be found out there but I just dont think they are old enough yet, or were deemed important enough until the Hellraiser film but when seasoned collectors want more info,theyll look until they find it.
Thanks my freinds
Ian
Switch King

Post by Switch King »

I can understand you very well gravknife!
Beautiful knife. I have rarely seen. In my country, I have seen in all the years only one.

Does anyone know who has this knife manufactured in Spain?
Greetings from Europe
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Switchking
Thats what id love to know my freind.
Alas I dont think anyone knows.
Ill wager the contract was taken by a named firm as its given the knife a PAT.number for its design
.It also screams French bargeon begon in many ways aswell by the sear hole and markings but of lesser quality..
The PAT.number is so similar to my Spanish contract Otf by bonsa and sabin.
Its a mystery like many switchblades that aren't tang stamped.
I hope someone finds out for us.
Thanks for posting and good to meet you.
Ian
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

The HRs were definitely made in Spain. Here is some more stuff (this is Autoknife's page):
http://www.autoknife.info/Spanish_1.html
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Come to daddy! :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kztkS1U6m4w

Great score Ian,I agree with the fellas,you could make those guards yourself with a little bit of effort.
Peening them on the blade using brass stock shouldn't be too terribly difficult.
Do have a Dremel tool? If not seems like a small file and a vice would do the trick.

By the way,that thing really snaps hard in the video clip.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Dang! She just tore that guy's flesh right off. I never noticed how gory that shot was before.

And I think they used the actual HR knife for the soundeffect in that movie as mine sounds just like that. I mean, I'm sure they added the sound effect later to pick up the full sound but they probably used the same knife we see there to get the sound for the effect. A lot of times they clearly use something else to make the switchblade click for the movie,
lance

Post by lance »

gravknife wrote:I Bought it this way lance.
If it had its swingguard I wouldnt have paid so little,as I think many would have known what it was.
It was just described as a spanish knife with systeme.
I saw the swingguard hole and jumped on it .
It was very reasonable ,i think the guards would have upped it a lot.
I know they look much better with the guards and ill post it when they are on it,im just still learning about fixing these knives and want to get it right.
I like the Spanish switches lance can you post some pictures here of your examples.
Thanks
Ian
I'd love to,I'm still trying to figure out how to use the phone to post pictures on the forum.if ya p.m. me your email I'll send ya the pictures of my stuff and you can post em if ya want to..
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Lance .
I'm always on my phone.
If you have an album its easy.
Go to "full editor and preview "and click add files,it gives you an option of which place you wish to choose from ie album ,photos etc......click on the image that you want and it will download on talkblade,preview it and you can choose which is best.
The only problem is the sizing ,but it will tell you if a file is too large,and let you select another.
Hope this helps a bit.
There's no rush lance but my e-mail is on my profile if you wish to send some.
Thanks for getting back mate ,i just like these knives and when browsing here I only found a few.
I've sent a pm
All the best
Ian
Last edited by gravknife on Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.