Seasons Greetings (Opinion please)

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
BennytheBlade

Re: I only disagree because you're wrong.

Post by BennytheBlade »

Stone Knife wrote:After your UT derails and won't lock up, be sure to come back on here and tell us how "practical" that was. :wink:
That doesnt speak well for MT.

I think charging levers knives are less practical in general than d/a knives. I know when Im stopping terminators, I like a free hand.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Mr. Stone Knife
The Halo requires a sheath for safety purposes. Therefore, you may as well carry a sheath knife. The UT/6 variants will not open in a pocket-therefore are more practical. In my opinion, the Halo is a very ugly attempt at a front opener. This is only my opinion. If you want to carry your Halo in your pocket, that is fine with me-but I feel that doing so is patently unsafe and cannot in good faith advise it.
Armchair Windbag
B.T.W.- your avatar says volumes about your personality. The Mac 10 is a crude, innacurate weapon, at best. All they are good for is spraying bullets at a high rate of fire.
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

I think the Halos look like glorified craft knives,and on looks alone the Ultratech wins hands down.A good quality dual action is also more preferable in my opinion! :wink: Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
A CARROT IS AS CLOSE AS A RABBIT GETS TO A DIAMOND!
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

Seasons Greetings back at 'cha Tessa3 ! I 'm only interested in "old style" Italian knives , however I hear my "local" knife nut friends always talkin" about "microtech" alot , ( don't know why tho ) Maybe it's a good knife ? :? Happy holidays all :D Straydog
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The Mac 10 MIGHT be pretty good at "mugger distance". Would make 'em consider employment options.
mojorising

Post by mojorising »

I used to own a Halo 3 and I still own an UltraTech.
The Halo was cool but the sheath and having to cock it was a pita. It looked wonky and out of proportion in my opinion.
The UltraTech is a good carry knife w/ the clip but it's prone to ingesting copious amounts of pocket-fuzz which eventually will preclude it's proper operation. A liberal douching with Gum-Out (or other) spray carb cleaner cleared the problem.
My Makora may develope the same symptoms in the future but the boys in Florida say they've installed a heavier firing/retract spring so maybe the blade won't glog up. The damn skate tape is sure rough on my pansy-ass pinkies and maybe I'll trade it off of an executive model w/o the rough surface.
mojorising
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

When I was a lad not so long ago. If I were to have a dispute with another school mate, the Priest that ran our little Parish School would inform myself and my peer that we had a detention. Meet him in the gym after school. In this case Mr DeShivs and Mr Stone would meet there only to find a few gym mats already on the floor and two sets of boxing gloves. Father would say settle it and then it's over. After one hell of a crappy boxing match that usually lasted less then thirty seconds, both young gents would shake hands and forget about what started the feud in the first place. I'd like to see a school adminstrater try this today.

SD
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Re: I only disagree because you're wrong.

Post by Bonzo »

Stone Knife wrote:And it could be said that for certain applications, the HALO III's Tanto blade could even be useful, for popping armchair windbags.

Mr. Stone Knife,

As we can see, you are obviously full of something other than the christmas spirit.

Don't expect santa to leave any Leverletto's in your stockings next thursday.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
switch67

Post by switch67 »

I agree with Bonz Image

SwitchImageImage
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Bonzo,

Good point

Jim
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

In the old days this fray would have resulted in a duel! If you guys decide to meet on main street at high noon, can the rest of us watch? :wink:
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

No expeience with the Halo [but the appearence underwhelms me]. My UT-6 has been used a lot and abused even more. It has "misfired" exactly once [after spending weeks rattling around in a tool box]. My Kestral even survived being pushed accross a parking lot by a snowplow. My Mini UDT [Damascus] gets used heavily with no problems. No need for a lack of the seasons spirits to say that. I will say the need to use two hands to close a knife is more annoying than using two to open it [and neither is acceptable].
ratstuph

Post by ratstuph »

Mr. Stone Knife;
How is a windbag different than a gasbag? This is a matter of some import to me as I am not sure they differ significantly. You see, I have gone to great lengths (OK, its mostly natural endowment as opposed to exertion) to earn the moniker of resident old gasbag. To have you come along and abruptly dismiss me, and then appoint Mr. DeShivs is more than a little disheartening. I urge you to rethink your actions. I fail so see how he has earned such homage. However, a quick review of my posts will supply more than enough evidence of my deserving nature.

Rats...
sheep-free since '93'...
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

ratstuph wrote:How is a windbag different than a gasbag?
You can safely light a match around a windbag. :wink:
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The Falcon wrote:
ratstuph wrote:How is a windbag different than a gasbag?
You can safely light a match around a windbag. :wink:
LOL [actually you may not get it lit].