Carbon steel Hubertus

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Panzerfaust

Carbon steel Hubertus

Post by Panzerfaust »

Got this one in yesterday, a Karbonstahl Hubertus. I wish they made more of these. This would be a great knife for carry but since it's the only one I have, it will probably stay in the collection.
Attachments
IMG_0190.JPG
IMG_0190.JPG (56.37 KiB) Viewed 4394 times
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: Carbon steel Hubertus

Post by natcherly »

Didn't know they made them. What time period was it made, 40's, 50's or? Nice find and beautiful piece!
Midnight Drums

Post by Midnight Drums »

I have a stag one just like that.

Really nice knives!

Mike
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

natcherly wrote:Didn't know they made them. What time period was it made, 40's, 50's or? Nice find and beautiful piece!
No expert here but the blade etch leads me to think it's not quite that old.
Can't tell from the small pic,does it have a tang stamp or just the etch? Fantastic knife any way you look at it.

So Panz what's the dealio,did you buy all the Latamas and now you are cornering all the primo Hubies? :lol:
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

Viking45 wrote:
natcherly wrote:Didn't know they made them. What time period was it made, 40's, 50's or? Nice find and beautiful piece!
No expert here but the blade etch leads me to think it's not quite that old.
Can't tell from the small pic,does it have a tang stamp or just the etch? Fantastic knife any way you look at it.

So Panz what's the dealio,did you buy all the Latamas and now you are cornering all the primo Hubies? :lol:
These are shown on the Hubertus website so I'm sure it is of fairly recent manufacture. Viking, ever since autos were legalized for carry in my state, my interested in Hubies has been sharpened. I've owned them for a long time and bought my first 30 years ago.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I agree there is something intriguing about a lever that the stiletto just can't quite evoke.
Wish I had more levers in my collection.
I sold a few of my best ones a while back,one was a CCC shell puller that the owner before me had Bill restore and I sold a nice Robert Klaas with the Kissing Cranes stamp. Had a teeny bit of peek but man it was solid and had a great snap.
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

Viking45 wrote:I agree there is something intriguing about a lever that the stiletto just can't quite evoke.
Wish I had more levers in my collection.
I sold a few of my best ones a while back,one was a CCC shell puller that the owner before me had Bill restore and I sold a nice Robert Klaas with the Kissing Cranes stamp. Had a teeny bit of peek but man it was solid and had a great snap.
I like them both but the lever lock is a better knife. My only complaints is blades peeking and the kick springs often break on the Hubertus knives. Hubertus also makes some nice lockbacks that I have not bought (yet) because they cost as much as an auto.
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

Nice knife. How 'bout more pics?
Genghis Khan

Post by Genghis Khan »

Here is mine.

gravknife

Post by gravknife »

These are both beautiful knives,what size are they? I mean length and thickness , love the blade shape and etching.