3-2-1 Launch

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

3-2-1 Launch

Post by Viking45 »

Haven't been a huge fan of Kershaw knives in the last few years but I know they are immensely popular and pretty good quality I just couldn't get past the Ken Onion designs with all the variations on the onion. Scallion,Chive etc etc.
I was thinking yeah we get it your name is Onion but naming a knife after an edible root doesn't really fit in my game plan.

On the other hand one of my favorite folders of all time is the Zero Tolerance (ZT) 0200 which Mr. Onion designed (154CM steel)
I carry mine as an EDC more than even my Microtech UMS.
The ZT 0200 is made by KAI USA Ltd in Oregon and based out of Tokyo.They make Kai Japanese cutlery,Kershaw and Zero Tolerance.
zt-0200.jpg
zt-0200.jpg (71.47 KiB) Viewed 4402 times
I will skip the history lesson and get right to the new Kershaw Launch 1
This thing is pretty darn cool and if I can ever get caught up I'm going to buy one.
It has a 3.4 inch 154CM blade with several finishes but I'm diggin' what they are calling the "Black Wash" finish.
If anyone gets a hold of one of these before I do please share some pics and tell us what you think of it.
Oh and these are made in the USA and I'm thinking kinda bad-ass for 95 bucks shipped.
kershaw-launch-1.jpg
kershaw-launch-1.jpg (40.73 KiB) Viewed 4402 times
KershawLaunch1-b.jpg
KershawLaunch1-b.jpg (159.99 KiB) Viewed 4402 times