I LOVE LUCY COMMEMORATIVE SWITCH

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
poorbs

I LOVE LUCY COMMEMORATIVE SWITCH

Post by poorbs »

Well, not really a switch, but one of those spring assist knives that you just flick a post with your thumb and a spring finishes opening the knife. I was at a local flea today and saw, among the John Wayne et al commemorative knives, one of these dedicated to the memory of I Love Lucy - couldn't believe it. Might have bought if it hadn't been a piece of junk.

Did they ever use a switch on their show? The only violence I ever remember seeing was when Ricky gave Lucy a good spanking. That episode could have been rated for violence, and if they hadn't ended the show at that point who knows what other kinky stuff they got into. Good thing they weren't rating for content back then.

pbs
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

I believe I saw Ricky flip open an old Schrade type switch to open a package once.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Jman was that the same show when the Cuban gunrunners showed up at Rickys nightclub and Ricky said I have your goods over here and pulled a Thompson 45. with a drum and shot the living shit out of them while Fred ran around with a spiked black jack whacking them on the heads and laughing like a bastard? Great show.
PB
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Pushbutton wrote:Jman was that the same show when the Cuban gunrunners showed up at Rickys nightclub and Ricky said I have your goods over here and pulled a Thompson 45. with a drum and shot the living shit out of them while Fred ran around with a spiked black jack whacking them on the heads and laughing like a bastard? Great show.
PB
Was that nice? He'll be looking for months trying to find it. [And you know you have the only copy].
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

:?
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Poorbs,

If there is one thing in the world that ever drove me nuts, was Lucy. The only thing they should make in her name would be a straight jacket gag combo complete with goalie mask. Dedicate it to all the neurotic hyperactive big mouth housewives of the world.

But, I know what you're thinking.

June Cleaver, or Lucy.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Gort

Post by Gort »

I share your revulsion for Lucy. A commemorative
knife is anathema (IMNSHO). I'll take June Cleaver
(or her Hoover canister) any day.
Bonzo wrote:Mr. Poorbs,

If there is one thing in the world that ever drove me nuts, was Lucy. The only thing they should make in her name would be a straight jacket gag combo complete with goalie mask. Dedicate it to all the neurotic hyperactive big mouth housewives of the world.

But, I know what you're thinking.

June Cleaver, or Lucy.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
-Gort
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

I didn't love Lucy either. Sometimes wonder how many teenage girls in poodle skirts patterned their lives after some of the idiotic charcters of the day. And guys too, let's be fair. Some time go I knew a woman who affected the insipid laughter of that Nanny character, I forget the actresses name. I knew I'd achieved the ultimate of self control every time I refrained from slapping her.
Scripted entertainment on TV, especially sitcoms, should have been banned for all time. And it never will be, because there are way too many morons out there who like that sort of thing. Canned laughter was a Communist plot.
There, I feel better now.
TR
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

tr4252 wrote:I didn't love Lucy either. Sometimes wonder how many teenage girls in poodle skirts patterned their lives after some of the idiotic charcters of the day. And guys too, let's be fair. Some time go I knew a woman who affected the insipid laughter of that Nanny character, I forget the actresses name. I knew I'd achieved the ultimate of self control every time I refrained from slapping her.
Scripted entertainment on TV, especially sitcoms, should have been banned for all time. And it never will be, because there are way too many morons out there who like that sort of thing. Canned laughter was a Communist plot.
There, I feel better now.
TR
I'm not a fan and "reading between the lines" of your subtle post I'll take a wild guess you weren't either. It seems Bonz is with us on this. So with our scientific sampling it seems 100% disapproval for that person whos voice was like the musical sound of fingernails on a blackboard. Think of the time and money we could have saved Hollywood. Think of the agony we could have saved the American people.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

OOPS I missed Gorts post [also negative] I guess that makes it 110% disapproval [feel free to correct my math if that was too low].
Stone Knife

Post by Stone Knife »

Dedicate it to all the neurotic hyperactive big mouth housewives of the world.
Heh, and that would leave out which one?
Shiver

Post by Shiver »

Hey, my father hated "I Love Lucy" so much that he absolutely forbade us from watching it. I'm serious. Even if he came home from work and found out that any of the kids had watched Lucy, he'd punish us. And thats the only program he ever did that with! (He did make us watch "Gunsmoke" though). Gotta love the guy.
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Mick (Crocodile) Dundee didn't think much of it either... :lol:

I saw it once..... that was more than enough.... :shock:

Best wishes
Teddy