Lightning

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

Lightning

Post by Viking45 »

First of all I am not a fan of OTF knives.
My good friend Jerry sent me a Taiwan made Lightning a few years ago.
Had it over three years and it is something I use to open mail,cut a boot lace or just screw around with.
Never took it serious but the other night I cut a piece of paper like a razor(never sharpened it),it has been opened/closed over 500 times and it's a knife I make jokes about and made fun of.
It has a little side to side/up and down play but never once has it failed to open or close.
Cheers Jerry,I love it and have carried it enough to wear the paint off the frame and the pocket clip even has wear where I have carried it and used it for menial tasks.

This may or may not be of any relevance but it means a lot to me. Thanks JerrBear,love my knife.
Tom19176

Re: Lightning

Post by Tom19176 »

Interesting knife for sure....Stu711 use to sell them for $17! They seem to last forever. A few friends of mine in law enforcement carry them and they have lasted for years now. I think they go for around $30 now correct? For simple cutting tools they seem to meet the bill. They were mentioned in another thread on BladeForums where people were complaining about the failure issues with a few $300 OTFs. A few guys said how good these cheap models are! Glad you have had a good experience with yours!
john

Post by john »

I have have two and I paid $4.50 each. They were sold as close out/defective knives. I figured for that kind of money I really couldn't go wrong. If it was something minor perhaps I could repair. One works as well as your knife, Viking. The other one not so good.
A new one for $30 is a great deal. Sometimes you get what you pay for some times you don't in this case I got more that I paid for.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

Jerr sent me one tooness. Everytime I open mine it makes my butt itch, thinkin he put some scratchy Burney powder on it. That little stinker.
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

sammy da blade wrote:Jerr sent me one tooness. Everytime I open mine it makes my butt itch, thinkin he put some scratchy Burney powder on it. That little stinker.
Mr. Sammy,

Just remember to vigorously scrub your paws after you handle it and you should be alright. :lol: HO! HO! :lol:

(GREAT to see you posting here again times, my friend)...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

Thanks Jerr, I think someone put itching powder on a my soap.
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!