Major probs with H&K Epidemic knife!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Messer

Major probs with H&K Epidemic knife!

Post by Messer »

Got it yesterday from Cutlery Shoppe and when I took it out of box I heard rattles in knife well it opened fine but blade had wiggles and rattling and seemed way to loose then after 5 or so X opening it kept jumping off the track and after resetting it jumped off again right away but then worked a few X before same probs.

I am highly upset $175. for such a POS I have ZERO confidence in it, my Lightning OTF is 100% surefire always the H&K 30-40% at best, before buying anything I check all reviews and they were great so I guess I got 1 from a batch Batch???????

Called Cutlery Shoppe today and they offered a full refund and ship label in mail, as much as I want another don't think I will get one, anybody else have any similar probs?

Thank's :x
john

Re: Major probs with H&K Epidemic knife!

Post by john »

I'm not familiar with that knife. Ask them to give your replacement a top to bottom quality check before they send it and tell them if you're not 100% satisfied you will return it.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Messer

Post by Messer »

http://fso-server.com/media/products/de ... 4850-l.jpg It is also Benchmade but I lost ALL confidence in that model!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is not double edged so 1 side of blade is dull but the blade has a spearpoint!
Messer

Post by Messer »

john, one of the best OTF knives is the Lightning OTF about $35-$40. made in Taiwan and is great, have 2 never a failure in either and has good lock up and barely any wobble but it will scape the blade somewhat right in the middle of the Lightning logo so don't get a black blade but a regular one!
http://www.bladehq.com/imgs/out-the-fro ... -large.jpg

Nutnfancy made several vids and loves it!!!!!!!!!!!
novice

Post by novice »

Messer wrote:john, one of the best OTF knives is the Lightning OTF about $35-$40. made in Taiwan and is great, have 2 never a failure in either and has good lock up and barely any wobble but it will scape the blade somewhat right in the middle of the Lightning logo so don't get a black blade but a regular one!
http://www.bladehq.com/imgs/out-the-fro ... -large.jpg

Nutnfancy made several vids and loves it!!!!!!!!!!!
A friend showed me one he's had for at least 4 years, maybe more. Beat to hell, covered in pocket schmutz, still fires hard with hardly any shake to the blade. The Taiwanese got that one right.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Don't know about the problems of that particular knife but I have dealt with Jeff at Cutlery Shoppe since (about) 1998,before my internet days back when I bought from their catalog. Jeff is a great guy and I'm sure he will make it right with you.

For years they had the best prices on most knives but his service is worth the extra couple of bucks you might pay for today.

Too bad about the Epidemic,I really like the looks of it and the D2 steel is great.
Messer

Post by Messer »

Well my refund was issued today, I just do wonder if knife rattling with blade in or out is normal with this Model? I know my "Pagan" is always in the
"Stealth " mode and never rattles and is tight 100% !
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

No knife should rattle,especially a 200 dollar knife.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Happy you got a refund,as I said Jeff is a great guy and deals in volume,he can't check every knife and one would believe you should not have to coming from a company like Benchmade (H&K)
Human error from the factory? :idea: