A million thank you's to Dexter!!!! You are Da Man!!!!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
hollowdweller

A million thank you's to Dexter!!!! You are Da Man!!!!

Post by hollowdweller »

Dexter,

I got the Lion Steel hunting camping knives you found for me and sent to me. They are even better than ever could have expected!!

Forumites: If you are looking for a beautiful hunting knife this is it!! The knife is 4 count em 4 layers thick. Beautiful brass liners. I bought 2, one for me and one for my wife. On one the stag is nice, like nice stag is usually. On the other the stag is shaved, which I usually hate, but the stag is really so unique that it looks like mammoth bark or something. I mean these knives are wonderful!!

So we have a main clip point blade for skinning. A small clip point blade for boning. A blunt tipped blade for opening up game so you don't dig the blade tip into the meat or puncture the intestines or bladder, a saw so you can saw through the rib cage and pelvis, a bottle opener on the saw, and a corkscrew. There is also a gut hook for bird hunters. The knife is also real wide, the shaved one has real fat scales, and I bet it is almost an inch across. Also a lanyard loop.

I wish my photo skills were better cause I would love to post a picture of it. The photo on the Lion Steel site doesn't do them justice. These are just beautiful knives. And shaving sharp right out of the box! All blades!!

Dexter, thanks so much. You are totally cool!!!!!!!!!!!
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Dear Hollowdweller,

Sounds like your Lion Steel hunting knives only require a .30-30 barrel to be the perfect all-in-one deer processing tool.

The Falcon
ps. a GPS would be nice too.
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

Falcon,

I prefer .35 Remington. I think the GPS and meat grinder are included on the 6 layer version :wink: :wink: :wink:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

.30-30, .35 Rem, .30-06, 8mm, 6.5mm, 7.7mm, .45-70, 12ga slug they all will work just grab the closest one, [or your favorite].
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

I'll take the 12 gauge please
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I knew a guy who took a .45-70 on a prarie dog hunt. He didn't hit as many as the guys he was with but when he did it was IMPRESSIVE. It was
a very accurate .45-70 and on a good day would shoot one hole groups at 100 yards. I'll bet a 12 ga slug would have been very interesting.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Okay, the Lion Steel hunting knife should have a rifle/shotgun/GPS/meat grinder/frozen meat locker/wet bar/hot tub/generator deluxe deer hunters accessory package and a Humvee with trailer to tow it to your favorite wilderness hunting spot.

The Falcon