10" Campolin Kris

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ILikeStilettos

10" Campolin Kris

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Post updated 7/31/2017 to try and put the pictures back.
straydog wrote:I made this for a friend , It started out a AGA Campolin (2014) picklock kris blade....The friend wanted a "icepick" style w/ no rear bolster and no safety , also a " layer-cake " button, the scales are made of a green dyed burl.....the hidden backbone pin was my idea, It has great snap and lockup !

I copied this from the "other" forum.

Update: Originally this was Ron's (Straydog's) post and linked to his Photobucket account, now broken. I had a few pictures of the knife, but not Ron's pictures so this is the best I can do. When I get a chance I will photograph and post it. The larger knife is another Ron did for me at the same time.
Last edited by ILikeStilettos on Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
john

Re: 10" Campolin Kris

Post by john »

Wicked cool very nice! Ron what did you use on the knife to make it shine like it does?
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

john wrote:Wicked cool very nice! Ron what did you use on the knife to make it shine like it does?
straydog wrote:
JimBrown257 wrote:Awesome. How did you do that button? And is the burl coated with something?
I drilled out the center of a "stock" button , then soldered in a small piece of round brass.
I used clear lacquer as a finishing coat on the burl
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

Gotta love it :twisted:
john

Post by john »

I love the button idea that's a great way to customize a button. I'll have to borrow your button idea. The lacquer finish looks great I'll be using it.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Straydog-

Yikes and yowzer! Well done! Ye haved accomplished a creation of noteworthiness. Perhaps at such time in the future, eye might be able to commission your skills to created my dream, the kriss bladed swinguard with the opulescent blood red scales, with the WJC skulled head Pushbutton, AS rumored to be under feeble consideration fromst mine ol' pal, Mr. Pushbutton. Eye shalt begin hoarding the marginally valued recycle cents from the cans and bottles treasures gleaned on the roadside during mine outings AS orange striped suit roadway trash stabber along the byways close to the home for the very, very, very nervous, and soon mayst be able to afford yer fee.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
cardoso5fr

Post by cardoso5fr »

Woaw. >nice blade :D
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Very nicely done!

In good ol' CA, beverage cans and bottles fetch 5 cents each provided they are marked with the appropriate "California Redemption" info. Shouldn't take Wally too many years to accumulate the necessary funds. :lol:
Wally J. Corpse

Greetings, Mr. Natcherly-

Eye thanked thee for the math breakdown for empty swill container value. Hopefully the Straydog artist accepts payment in nickels that may have had to be secreted in an unsuspecting orfice. Eye can only hope that the following plea be heeded by all those travelling the by-ways within mine sphere of influence, to wit- Please routinely and on purposely toss outcher beer cans and bottles fromst the passenger side, aim for a soft spot, and empty is not a required criteria, AS, sometimes a lil' sip of spirits make for a scavengers' bonus, the plural being bonii.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Tsk, tsk, tsk, Mr. Corpse. You have forgotten your Latin! "Bonus" is a second declension noun, the plural nominative would therefore be "boni". Only one eye (i), but perhaps that extra eye refers to the one descending from you ocular orbit. Sometimes you are most difficult to fathom.
Wally J. Corpse

Aha!! Ye haved once again corrected mine grammatical slip. Well done. AS a semi-tarded conveyor of distorted wordisms, eye defer to yer expertise of the deadified language.Jeepers! Hysterical archives note that those with such skill of scrutiny are often recipients of the whole chasing/catching/beaten up thingie. Eye hoped this was not your fate. If'n naye else, please feel free to anointed yerself with repeated spine area flailings with an en-gifted spiked ball toy.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
Wally J. Corpse

Greetings, Mr. ILikeStilettos-

'Tis not that eye don't wish to speaked with thee, 'tis that eye have naught to say. I haved not any donor knife units to supply to fufill minst desire of'n blood red scaled 11" Kriss swinguard. Consider me the hapless dork a-wishing fromst outside the fence to haved a wish come true

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Wally J. Corpse wrote:Greetings, Mr. ILikeStilettos-

'Tis not that eye don't wish to speaked with thee, 'tis that eye have naught to say. I haved not any donor knife units to supply to fufill minst desire of'n blood red scaled 11" Kriss swinguard. Consider me the hapless dork a-wishing fromst outside the fence to haved a wish come true

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 8&p=259930

Please see attached post. Folgore has Kris 10" by 5mm Campolins around $200 and 3knives has the huge 13" wasps ones for $300-350. The lava flows or pure red is around $35. This leaves Ron's charge and it can be done for a very reasonable price. You could even specify the button type. If you really want one in red, it's very possible.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Wally J. Corpse wrote:Greetings, Mr. Natcherly-
Aha!! Ye haved once again corrected mine grammatical slip. Well done. AS a semi-tarded conveyor of distorted wordisms, eye defer to yer expertise of the deadified language.Jeepers! Hysterical archives note that those with such skill of scrutiny are often recipients of the whole chasing/catching/beaten up thingie. Eye hoped this was not your fate. If'n naye else, please feel free to anointed yerself with repeated spine area flailings with an en-gifted spiked ball toy.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
I first encountered Latin while attending school in England in the mid 50's. It was a challenge for me as the only language I had was English, the American kind, and no understanding of how any languages were put together, grammar, parts of speech, etc. Latin immersion cured that failing and fast. While I did not earn any corporal punishment, it was on occasion meted out to certain students. Six of the best were administered with a cane to the back side. Applying the double spiked morning star flail more than once would easily surpass that experience. I keep it on my mantle to remind me of our first meeting which was initiated by a common interest and ownership of the then very rare Kris bladed swinguards. Steel trap memory, I have....(Yoda speak)
Attachments
111-1111_IMG_MOD.JPG
111-1111_IMG_MOD.JPG (56.75 KiB) Viewed 6027 times
Wally J. Corpse

Eye thought said item was a special unto thee giftage, with a potentiate to be the gift that keeps on giving. One may have lotsa' fun with a spiked ball flail, dispensing whackage upon the non-ambulatory is a good start. 'Tis not oft well received at occasions wherein the flail acceptor is un-willing, AS most are. However, herein is mine next question- didja' not pose for the obligatory- grasping the WJC AK? If'n so, feel free to display said frozen frame in time.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse